YOU CANNOT BE THE SLAVE OF GOD AND MONEY

SATURDAY WEEK 31 IN ORDINARY TIME

Reading Phil. 4:10-19
With the help of the One who gives me strength, 
there is nothing I cannot master

It is a great joy to me, in the Lord, that at last you have shown some concern for me again; though of course you were concerned before, and only lacked an opportunity. I am not talking about shortage of money: I have learnt to manage on whatever I have, I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich too. I have been through my initiation and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty. There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength..... Readings Meditation

Gospel Luke 16:9-15 Use money, tainted as it is, to win you friends

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I tell you this: use money, tainted as it is, to win you friends, and thus make sure that when it fails you, they will welcome you into the tents of eternity. The man who can be trusted in little things can be trusted in great; the man who is dishonest in little things will be dishonest in great. If then you cannot be trusted with money, that tainted thing, who will trust you with genuine riches? And if you cannot be trusted with what is not yours, who will give you what is your very own? 

‘No servant can be the slave of two masters: he will either hate the first and love the second, or treat the first with respect and the second with scorn. You cannot be the slave both of God and of money.’ 

The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and laughed at him. He said to them, ‘You are the very ones who pass yourselves off as virtuous in people’s sight, but God knows your hearts. For what is thought highly of by men is loathsome in the sight of God.’

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph pray for us. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you.    

I love you Lord my strength. Father direct my path. Lead me, guide me, make me know your way.

Lecture de la lettre de saint Paul apôtre aux Philippiens 4, 10-19  
« Je peux tout en celui qui me donne la force »

Frères, j’ai éprouvé une grande joie dans le Seigneur à voir maintenant refleurir vos bonnes dispositions pour moi : elles étaient bien vivantes, mais vous n’aviez pas occasion de les montrer. Ce ne sont pas les privations qui me font parler ainsi, car j’ai appris à me contenter de ce que j’ai. Je sais vivre de peu, je sais aussi être dans l’abondance. J’ai été formé à tout et pour tout : à être rassasié et à souffrir la faim, à être dans l’abondance et dans les privations. Je peux tout en celui qui me donne la force....

Évangile selon saint Luc 16, 9-15 UN SEUL MAÃŽTRE

En ce temps-là, Jésus disait à ses disciples : « Moi, je vous le dis : Faites-vous des amis avec l’argent malhonnête, afin que, le jour où il ne sera plus là, ces amis vous accueillent dans les demeures éternelles. Celui qui est digne de confiance dans la moindre chose est digne de confiance aussi dans une grande. Celui qui est malhonnête dans la moindre chose est malhonnête aussi dans une grande. Si vous n’avez pas été dignes de confiance pour l’argent malhonnête, qui vous confiera le bien véritable ? Et si, pour ce qui est à autrui, vous n’avez pas été dignes de confiance, ce qui vous revient, qui vous le donnera ? Aucun domestique ne peut servir deux maîtres : ou bien il haïra l’un et aimera l’autre, ou bien il s’attachera à l’un et méprisera l’autre. Vous ne pouvez pas servir à la fois Dieu et l’argent. »

Quand ils entendaient tout cela, les pharisiens, eux qui aimaient l’argent, tournaient Jésus en dérision. Il leur dit alors : « Vous, vous êtes de ceux qui se font passer pour justes aux yeux des gens, mais Dieu connaît vos cÅ“urs ; en effet, ce qui est prestigieux pour les gens est une chose abominable aux yeux de Dieu. »

Priez le Saint Rosaire. Je vous salue Marie. Ave Maria. La Sainte Famille de Jésus, Marie et Joseph prient pour nous. Seigneur Jésus-Christ, j’ai confiance en toi.

Je t’aime Seigneur ma force. Père dirige mon chemin. Dirige-moi, guide-moi, fais-moi connaître ton chemin


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY