GOD'S LOVE COMES TO PERFECTION IN OBEDIENCE

FRIDAY WEEK 31 IN ORDINARY TIME
Reading Phil. 3:17-4,1

Our homeland is in heaven, and from heaven comes Christ to transfigure us

My brothers, be united in following my rule of life. Take as your models everybody who is already doing this and study them as you used to study us. I have told you often, and I repeat it today with tears, there are many who are behaving as the enemies of the cross of Christ. They are destined to be lost. They make foods into their god and they are proudest of something they ought to think shameful; the things they think important are earthly things. For us, our homeland is in heaven, and from heaven comes the saviour we are waiting for, the Lord Jesus Christ, and he will transfigure these wretched bodies of ours into copies of his glorious body. He will do that by the same power with which he can subdue the whole universe.  Readings Meditation St. Charles Borromeo

So then, my brothers and dear friends, do not give way but remain faithful in the Lord. I miss you very much, dear friends; you are my joy and my crown. 

Loving Father, give me a steadfast spirit that I may remain faithful to my calling as member in Christ body. Direct my actions, direct my steps. Make me understand the price Christ paid for my redemption. May my priority in life be my aspiration towards purity of heart and intention. May my body and spirit be transfigured into copies of Christ glorious body.


Lecture de la lettre de saint Paul ap̫tre aux Philippiens 3, 17 Р4, 1
« Nous attendons comme sauveur le Seigneur Jésus Christ,
lui qui transformera nos pauvres corps à l’image de son corps glorieux »

Frères, ensemble imitez-moi, et regardez bien ceux qui se conduisent selon l’exemple que nous vous donnons. Car je vous l’ai souvent dit, et maintenant je le redis en pleurant : beaucoup de gens se conduisent en ennemis de la croix du Christ. Ils vont à leur perte. Leur dieu, c’est leur ventre, et ils mettent leur gloire dans ce qui fait leur honte ; ils ne pensent qu’aux choses de la terre. Mais nous, nous avons notre citoyenneté dans les cieux ; d’où nous attendons comme sauveur le Seigneur Jésus Christ, lui qui transformera nos pauvres corps à l’image de son corps glorieux, avec la puissance active qui le rend même capable de tout mettre sous son pouvoir. 

Ainsi, mes frères bien-aimés pour qui j’ai tant d’affection, vous, ma joie et ma couronne, tenez bon dans le Seigneur, mes bien-aimés.

Père aimant, donne-moi un esprit inébranlable afin que je puisse rester fidèle à mon appel un membre dans le corps du Christ. Dirigez mes actions, dirigez mes pas. Fais-moi comprendre le prix que Christ a payé pour ma rédemption. Que ma priorité dans la vie soit mon aspiration à la pureté du cÅ“ur et de l’intention. Que mon corps et mon esprit soient transfigurés en répliques du corps glorieux du Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY