GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Friday 9 September 2022

CAN THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND?

FRIDAY WEEK 23 ORDINARY TIME
Reading 1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-27 
We go into strict training, like fighters at the games

I do not boast of preaching the gospel, since it is a duty which has been laid on me; I should be punished if I did not preach it! If I had chosen this work myself, I might have been paid for it, but as I have not, it is a responsibility which has been put into my hands. Do you know what my reward is? It is this: in my preaching, to be able to offer the Good News free, and not insist on the rights which the gospel gives me. Reading Reflection

So though I am not a slave of any man I have made myself the slave of everyone so as to win as many as I could. I made myself all things to all men in order to save some at any cost; and I still do this, for the sake of the gospel, to have a share in its blessings. 

All the runners at the stadium are trying to win, but only one of them gets the prize. You must run in the same way, meaning to win. All the fighters at the games go into strict training; they do this just to win a wreath that will wither away, but we do it for a wreath that will never wither. That is how I run, intent on winning; that is how I fight, not beating the air. I treat my body hard and make it obey me, for, having been an announcer myself, I should not want to be disqualified.

Gospel: Can the blind lead the blind Luke 6:39-42

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary

Your Birthday Saint: St. Peter Claver, Priest. May he  pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.
Lecture  1 Corinthiens 9, 16-19. 22-27 
« Je me suis fait tout à tous pour en sauver à tout prix quelques-uns »

Frères, annoncer l’Évangile, ce n’est pas là pour moi un motif de fierté, c’est une nécessité qui s’impose à moi. Malheur à moi si je n’annonçais pas l’Évangile ! Certes, si je le fais de moi-même, je mérite une récompense. Mais je ne le fais pas de moi-même, c’est une mission qui m’est confiée. Alors quel est mon mérite ? C’est d’annoncer l’Évangile sans rechercher aucun avantage matériel, et sans faire valoir mes droits de prédicateur de l’Évangile.  Lecture Meditation

Oui, libre à l’égard de tous, je me suis fait l’esclave de tous afin d’en gagner le plus grand nombre possible. Avec les faibles, j’ai été faible, pour gagner les faibles. Je me suis fait tout à tous pour en sauver à tout prix quelques-uns. Et tout cela, je le fais à cause de l’Évangile, pour y avoir part, moi aussi. 

Vous savez bien que, dans le stade, tous les coureurs participent à la course, mais un seul reçoit le prix. 
Alors, vous, courez de manière à l’emporter. Tous les athlètes à l’entraînement s’imposent une discipline sévère ; ils le font pour recevoir une couronne de laurier qui va se faner, et nous, pour une couronne qui ne se fane pas. Moi, si je cours, ce n’est pas sans fixer le but ; si je fais de la lutte, ce n’est pas en frappant dans le vide. Mais je traite durement mon corps, j’en fais mon esclave, pour éviter qu’après avoir proclamé l’Évangile à d’autres, je sois moi-même disqualifié.

Évangile Luc 6, 39-42  Un aveugle peut-il guider un autre aveugle ?

Priez la Sainte Rosaire : Ave Maria.  Je vous salue Sainte Reine.

Saint de Votre Anniversaire : St. Pierre Claver, priez pour vous comme vous célébrez votre anniversaire aujourd’hui. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY