THE GLORY OF GOD

MONDAY WEEK 19 IN ORDINARY TIME

First Reading Ezekiel 1:2-5,24-28  The Glory of God

On the fifth of the month – it was the fifth year of exile for King Jehoiachin – the word of the Lord was addressed to the priest Ezekiel son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldaeans, on the bank of the river Chebar. There the hand of the Lord came on me. Readings  Reflection

I looked; a stormy wind blew from the north, a great cloud with light around it, a fire from which flashes of lightning darted, and in the centre a sheen like bronze at the heart of the fire. In the centre I saw what seemed four animals. They looked like this. They were of human form. I heard the noise of their wings as they moved; it sounded like rushing water, like the voice of Shaddai, a noise like a storm, like the noise of a camp; when they halted, they folded their wings, and there was a noise.


Above the vault over their heads was something that looked like a sapphire; it was shaped like a throne and high up on this throne was a being that looked like a man. I saw him shine like bronze, and close to and all around him from what seemed his loins upwards was what looked like fire; and from what seemed his loins downwards I saw what looked like fire, and a light all round like a bow in the clouds on rainy days; that is how the surrounding light appeared. It was something that looked like the glory of the Lord. I looked, and prostrated myself.
 
Livre du prophète Ézékiel 1, 2-6. 24-28c La gloire du Seigneur
 
Le cinq du mois, la cinquième année de la déportation du roi Jékonias, la parole de Dieu fut adressée à Ézékiel, fils du prêtre Bouzi, dans le pays des Chaldéens, au bord du fleuve Kebar. La main du Seigneur se posa sur lui. Lectures Meditation

J’ai vu : un vent de tempête venant du nord, un gros nuage, un feu jaillissant et, autour, une clarté ; au milieu, comme un scintillement de vermeil du milieu du feu. Au milieu, la forme de quatre Vivants ; elle paraissait une forme humaine. Ils avaient chacun quatre faces et chacun quatre ailes. J’entendis le bruit de leurs ailes, pareil, quand ils marchaient, au bruit des grandes eaux, pareil à la voix du Puissant, une rumeur comme celle d’une armée. Lorsqu’ils s’arrêtaient, ils laissaient retomber leurs ailes. 

On entendit un bruit venant de plus haut que le firmament qui était au-dessus de leurs têtes. Au-dessus de ce firmament, il y avait une forme de trône, qui ressemblait à du saphir ; et, sur ce trône, quelqu’un qui avait l’aspect d’un être humain, au-dessus, tout en haut.
Puis j’ai vu comme un scintillement de vermeil, comme l’aspect d’un feu qui l’enveloppait tout autour, à partir de ce qui semblait être ses reins et au-dessus. À partir de ce qui semblait être ses reins et au-dessous, j’ai vu comme l’aspect d’un feu et, autour, une clarté. Comme l’arc apparaît dans la nuée un jour de pluie, ainsi cette clarté à l’entour : c’était l’aspect, la forme de la gloire du Seigneur. À cette vue, je tombai face contre terre. 

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Dominic, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen

My God, my Father, Ancient of Days I worship you. I bow down before you. Father may all glory be yours now and forever more. Lord Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior thank you for revealing the Father's glory. Make me a true disciple of God.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect and defend me. Guide and guard me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY