GOD OUR PROVIDER

MONDAY WEEK 18 IN ORDINARY TIME
First Reading Jeremiah 28:1-17 Readings

Jeremiah and the lying prophet Hananiah

At the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah in the fifth month of the fourth year, the prophet Hananiah son of Azzur, a Gibeonite, spoke as follows to Jeremiah in the Temple of the Lord in the presence of the priests and of all the people. ‘The Lord, the God of Israel, says this, “I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. In two years’ time I will bring back all the vessels of the Temple of the Lord which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon carried off from this place and took to Babylon. And I will also bring back Jeconiah son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the exiles of Judah who have gone to Babylon – it is the Lord who speaks. Yes, I am going to break the yoke of the king of Babylon.”’ The prophet Jeremiah then replied to the prophet Hananiah in front of the priests and all the people there in the Temple of the Lord. ‘I hope so’ the prophet Jeremiah said. ‘May the Lord do so. May he fulfil the words that you have prophesied and bring the vessels of the Temple of the Lord and all the exiles back to this place from Babylon. Listen carefully, however, to this word that I am now going to say for you and all the people to hear: From remote times, the prophets who preceded you and me prophesied war, famine and plague for many countries and for great kingdoms; but the prophet who prophesies peace can only be recognised as one truly sent by the Lord when his word comes true.’ The prophet Hananiah then took the yoke off the neck of the prophet
Matt 14:13-21

Jeremiah and broke it.
 ....... 

Première Lecture Jérémie 28, 1-17   Lectures 

Conflit de Jérémie avec un faux prophète Lecture du livre de Jérémie. Meditation

 La quatrième année du règne de Sédécias, roi de Juda, au cinquième mois, le prophète Ananie, fils d'Azzour, originaire de Gabaon, parla ainsi à Jérémie, dans le temple du Seigneur, en présence des prêtres et de tout le peuple: « Parole du Seigneur de l'univers, Dieu d'Israël : J'ai brisé le joug du roi de Babylone ! Dans deux ans, jour pour jour, je ferai revenir en ce lieu tout le mobilier du Temple que Nabucodonosor, roi de Babylone, a enlevé pour l'emporter à Babylone. Je ramènerai ici Jékonias, fils de Joakim, roi de Juda, avec tous les déportés de Juda qui sont partis à Babylone, déclare le Seigneur, car je vais briser le joug du roi de Babylone ! » Le prophète Jérémie répondit au prophète Ananie en présence des prêtres et de tout le peuple, qui se tenaient dans le temple du Seigneur. Il lui dit : « Amen ! Dieu veuille agir ainsi et accomplir ta prophétie : qu'il fasse revenir de Babylone le mobilier du Temple et tous les déportés. Cependant, écoute bien cette parole que je vais te faire entendre, à toi et à tout le peuple: Les prophètes qui nous ont précédés, toi et moi, depuis bien longtemps, ont prophétisé contre de nombreux pays et de grands royaumes la guerre, le malheur et la peste. Le prophète qui annonce la paix n'est reconnu comme prophète vraiment envoyé par le Seigneur, que si sa parole s'accomplit. » Alors le prophète Ananie enleva le joug que le prophète Jérémie s'étais mis sur la nuque, et il le brisa......

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Alphonsus Liguori, Bishop and Doctor. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect and Defend me. Guide and guard me.

Lord Jesus Christ in today's gospel you feed the crowd. Teach me to be generous with my gifts. Time, talents and finance. Give me a loving and caring heart. Make me sensitive to the needs of those around me. Thank you God my Father for the new month. Take all glory through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY