THE MYSTERY OF OPPRESSION

THURSDAY WEEK 15 IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR C
MY YOKE IS EASY AND MY BURDEN IS LIGHT
FIRST READING ISAIAH  26:7-9,12,16-19
'Awake and exult, all you who lie in the dust' Readings
The path of the upright man is straight, you smooth the way of the upright. Following the path of your judgements, we hoped in you, O Lord, your name, your memory are all my soul desires.
 
At night my soul longs for you and my spirit in me seeks for you; when your judgements appear on earth the inhabitants of the world learn the meaning of integrity.
 
O Lord, you are giving us peace, since you treat us as our deeds deserve. Distressed, we search for you, O Lord; the misery of oppression was your punishment for us.
 
As a woman with child near her time writhes and cries out in her pangs, so are we, O Lord, in your presence: 

we have conceived, we writhe as if we were giving birth; we have not given the spirit of salvation to the earth, no more inhabitants of the world are born.
 
Your dead will come to life, their corpses will rise; awake, exult, all you who lie in the dust, for your dew is a radiant dew and the land of ghosts will give birth.
 
PSALM 101 (102) The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth  Reflections

GOSPEL MATTHEW 11:28-30 My yoke is easy and my burden light

Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’
 
PREMIÈRE LECTURE ISAÏE  26:7-9.12.16-19 Lectures
« Ils se réveilleront, crieront de joie, ceux qui demeurent dans la poussière »
 
Lecture du livre du prophète Isaïe: 

Il est droit, le chemin du juste; toi qui es droit, tu aplanis le sentier du juste. Oui, sur le chemin de tes jugements, Seigneur, nous t’espérons. Dire ton nom, faire mémoire de toi, c’est le désir de l’âme.

Mon âme, la nuit, te désire, et mon esprit, au fond de moi, te guette dès l’aurore. Quand s’exercent tes jugements sur la terre, les habitants du monde apprennent la justice.

Seigneur, tu nous assures la paix: dans toutes nos œuvres, toi-même agis pour nous. 

Seigneur, dans la détresse on a recours à toi; quand tu envoies un châtiment, on s’efforce de le conjurer.

Nous étions devant toi, Seigneur, comme la femme enceinte sur le point d’enfanter, qui se tord et crie dans les douleurs.

Nous avons conçu, nous avons été dans les douleurs,  mais nous n’avons enfanté que du vent:
nous n’apportons pas le salut à la terre, nul habitant du monde ne vient à la vie.

Tes morts revivront, leurs cadavres se lèveront. Ils se réveilleront, crieront de joie, ceux qui demeurent dans la poussière, car ta rosée, Seigneur, est rosée de lumière, et le pays des ombres redonnera la vie.

PSAUME: 
R/ Du ciel, le Seigneur regarde la terre. (Ps 101, 20b)

ÉVANGILE MATTHIEU 11, 28-30 « Je suis doux et humble de cœur »

Évangile de Jésus Christ selon saint Matthieu

En ce temps-là, Jésus prit la parole et dit: « Venez à moi, vous tous qui peinez sous le poids du fardeau, et moi, je vous procurerai le repos. Prenez sur vous mon joug, devenez mes disciples, car je suis doux et humble de cœur, et vous trouverez le repos pour votre âme.  Oui, mon joug est facile à porter, et mon fardeau, léger. »
God my Father, the path of the upright man is straight. You are upright, you smooth the way of the just. We hope in you, O Lord, your name, your memory are all my soul desires. At night my soul longs for you and my spirit in me seeks for you. When your judgements appear on earth the inhabitants of the world learn the meaning of integrity. Reflection

Lord, you are giving us peace, since you treat us as our deeds deserve. Distressed, we search for you, O Lord; the misery of oppression was your punishment for us.

Dieu mon Père, il est droit, le chemin du juste; toi qui es droit, tu aplanis le sentier du juste. Seigneur, nous t’espérons. Dire ton nom, faire mémoire de toi, c’est le désir de l’âme. Mon âme, la nuit, te désire, et mon esprit, au fond de moi, te guette dès l’aurore. Quand s’exercent tes jugements sur la terre, les habitants du monde apprennent la justice. gloriahelg

Seigneur, tu nous assures la paix: dans toutes nos œuvres, toi-même agis pour nous. Seigneur, dans la détresse on a recours à toi; quand tu envoies un châtiment, on s’efforce de le conjurer.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect and defend me. Guide and guard me.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Camillus of Lellis, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY