THE LORD SPEAKS PEACE TO HIS PEOPLE

SATURDAY WEEK 13 IN ORDINARY TIME
First Reading Amos 9:11-15 
I will restore the fortunes of my people Israel

It is the Lord who speaks:
‘That day I will re-erect the tottering hut of David, make good the gaps in it, restore its ruins and rebuild it as it was in the days of old, so that they can conquer the remnant of Edom and all the nations that belonged to me.’ Readings Lectures Reflections

 It is the Lord who speaks, and he will carry this out.

‘The days are coming now – it is the Lord who speaks when harvest will follow directly after ploughing, the treading of grapes soon after sowing, when the mountains will run with new wine and the hills all flow with it.

I mean to restore the fortunes of my people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them, plant vineyards and drink their wine, dig gardens and eat their produce. I will plant them in their own country, never to be rooted up again out of the land I have given them, says the Lord, your God.’

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord speaks peace to his people

Gospel Matthew 9:14-17 When the bridegroom is taken from them, then they will fast

John’s disciples came to him and said, ‘Why is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not?’ 

Jesus replied, ‘Surely the bridegroom’s attendants would never think of mourning as long as the bridegroom is still with them? But the time will come for the bridegroom to be taken away from them, and then they will fast. No one puts a piece of unshrunken cloth on to an old cloak, because the patch pulls away from the cloak and the tear gets worse. Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; if they do, the skins burst, the wine runs out, and the skins are lost. No; they put new wine into fresh skins and both are preserved.’

My God, my Father I exalt your Most Holy Name. Blessed be God for ever and ever. Father thank you for each morning you wake me, your loving word of peace gives me new hope. Thank you Father for your goodness. Father you are loving your promise is for ever. Great is your faithfulness. You will restore our fortune, spiritual, health and material. Father in your mercy you will preserve us. Thank you Father for your mercy and love. Take all glory and adoration through Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Take pity on me. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me, protect me, defend me and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Mary Queen of all Saints pray for us. Queen of Peace pray for us. Mother of Christ our Mother pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Bernardino Realino, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY