LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF GOD

SATURDAY WEEK 17 ORDINARY TIME YEAR C
ÉCOUTEZ LA VOIX DU SEIGNEUR VOTRE DIEU

FIRST READING JEREMIAH  26:11-16,24
'This man has spoken to us in the name of the Lord'
The priests and prophets addressed the officials and all the people, ‘This man deserves to die, since he has prophesied against this city, as you have heard with your own ears.’ Readings Textes

Jeremiah, however, replied to the people as follows:  ‘The Lord himself sent me to say all the things you have heard against this Temple and this city. So now amend your behaviour and actions, listen to the voice of the Lord your God: if you do, he will relent and not bring down on you the disaster he has pronounced against you. For myself, I am as you see in your hands. Do whatever you please or think right with me. But be sure of this, that if you put me to death, you will be bringing innocent blood on yourselves, on this city and on its citizens, since the Lord has truly sent me to you to say all these words in your hearing.’ 

The officials and all the people then said to the priests and prophets, ‘This man does not deserve to die: he has spoken to us in the name of the Lord our God.’ Reflections Meditation

Jeremiah had a protector in Ahikam son of Shaphan, so he was not handed over to the people to be put to death. 

LECTURE DU LIVRE DU PROPHÈTE JÉRÉMIE
 26:11-16,24

En ces jours-là, les prêtres et les prophètes dirent aux princes et à tout le peuple:
« Cet homme mérite la mort, car il a prophétisé contre cette ville; vous l’avez entendu de vos oreilles.» À son tour Jérémie s’adressa à tous les princes et à tout le peuple: « C’est le Seigneur qui m’a envoyé prophétiser contre cette Maison et contre cette ville, et dire toutes les paroles que vous avez entendues. Et maintenant, rendez meilleurs vos chemins et vos actes, écoutez la voix du Seigneur votre Dieu;  alors il renoncera au malheur qu’il a proféré contre vous........
Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Mother of Christ, our Mother pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Peter Chrysologus. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

My Father in heaven each morning I hear your gentle voice saying wake up my beloved child. I thank you loving Father for the new day. Help me Father, open my ears, my heart to listen, hear and obey your voice. Father give me a pure heart, deliver me from assult of the evil one. Defend me from the wicked.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect and defend me. Guide and guard me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY