I WANT MERCY NOT SACRIFICE

FRIDAY WEEK 13 IN ORDINARY TIME
First Reading Amos 8 :4-6,9-12 
A famine not of bread, but of hearing the word of the Lord

Listen to this, you who trample on the needy and try to suppress the poor people of the country, you who say, ‘When will New Moon be over so that we can sell our corn, and sabbath, so that we can market our wheat? Readings Lectures Reflections 

Then by lowering the bushel, raising the shekel, by swindling and tampering with the scales, we can buy up the poor for money, and the needy for a pair of sandals, and get a price even for the sweepings of the wheat.’

That day – it is the Lord who speaks – I will make the sun go down at noon, and darken the earth in broad daylight. I am going to turn your feasts into funerals, all your singing into lamentation; I will have your loins all in sackcloth, your heads all shaved.
 
I will make it a mourning like the mourning for an only son, as long as it lasts it will be like a day of bitterness. See what days are coming – it is the Lord who speaks – days when I will bring famine on the country, a famine not of bread, a drought not of water, but of hearing the word of the Lord.
 
They will stagger from sea to sea, wander from north to east, seeking the word of the Lord and failing to find it.

Responsorial Psalm: Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God

Gospel Matthew 9:9-13 It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick
As Jesus was walking on, he saw a man named Matthew sitting by the customs house, and he said to him, ‘Follow me.’ And he got up and followed him. 

While he was at dinner in the house it happened that a number of tax collectors and sinners came to sit at the table with Jesus and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, ‘Why does your master eat with tax collectors and sinners?’ When he heard this he replied, ‘It is not the healthy who need the doctor, but the sick. Go and learn the meaning of the words: What I want is mercy, not sacrifice. And indeed I did not come to call the virtuous, but sinners.

Compassionate Father, my God I thank you for the beginning of a new month, a new day. Thank you Father for your mercy and love. Father we are in need of your mercy, do not forsake us be merciful to us your creatures. Give me a sincere heart. Make me truthful and honest Father. Give me a loving heart full of mercy, love and compassion.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Defend me. Be my guide and guard.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Holy Queen. Hail Mary. Ave Maria

Your Birthday Saints: Sts. Junipero Serra, Priest and Blessed Anthonio Rosmini, Priest. May the pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. Happy New Month.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY