I AM HOLY I HAVE NO WISH TO DESTROY

THURSDAY WEEK 14 IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR C

FIRST READING HOSEA 11:1-4,8-9 Readings
I am the Holy One in your midst and have no wish to destroy
 
Thus says the Lord:
When Israel was a child I loved him, and I called my son out of Egypt. But the more I called to them, the further they went from me; they have offered sacrifice to the Baals and set their offerings smoking before the idols. I myself taught Ephraim to walk, I took them in my arms; yet they have not understood that I was the one looking after them. I led them with reins of kindness, with leading-strings of love. I was like someone who lifts an infant close against his cheek; stooping down to him I gave him his food.
 
Ephraim, how could I part with you? Israel, how could I give you up? How could I treat you like Admah, or deal with you like Zeboiim? My heart recoils from it, my whole being trembles at the thought. I will not give rein to my fierce anger, I will not destroy Ephraim again, for I am God, not man: I am the Holy One in your midst and have no wish to destroy.
 
PREMIÈRE LECTURE Os 11, 1-4.8c-9 Lectures

« Au milieu de vous je suis le Dieu saint, et je ne viens pas pour exterminer»

 Lecture du livre du prophète Osée
 
Ainsi parle le Seigneur:

Oui, j’ai aimé Israël dès son enfance, et, pour le faire sortir d’Égypte, j’ai appelé mon fils.   Quand je l’ai appelé, il s’est éloigné pour sacrifier aux Baals et brûler des offrandes aux idoles.  C’est moi qui lui apprenais à marcher, en le soutenant de mes bras, et il n’a pas compris que je venais à son secours. Je le guidais avec humanité, par des liens d’amour; je le traitais comme un nourrisson qu’on soulève tout contre sa joue; je me penchais vers lui pour le faire manger. Mais ils ont refusé de revenir à moi: vais-je les livrer au châtiment ?

Non ! Mon cÅ“ur se retourne contre moi; en même temps, mes entrailles frémissent.  Je n’agirai pas selon l’ardeur de ma colère, je ne détruirai plus Israël, car moi, je suis Dieu, et non pas homme: au milieu de vous je suis le Dieu saint, et je ne viens pas pour exterminer.

GOSPEL MATTHEW 10 :7-15 Reflections

You received without charge: give without charge

Jesus instructed the Twelve as follows: ‘As you go, proclaim that the kingdom of heaven is close at hand. Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out devils. You received without charge, give without charge. Provide yourselves with no gold or silver, not even with a few coppers for your purses, with no haversack for the journey or spare tunic or footwear or a staff, for the workman deserves his keep.
 
‘Whatever town or village you go into, ask for someone trustworthy and stay with him until you leave. As you enter his house, salute it, and if the house deserves it, let your peace descend upon it; if it does not, let your peace come back to you. And if anyone does not welcome you or listen to what you have to say, as you walk out of the house or town shake the dust from your feet. I tell you solemnly, on the day of Judgement it will not go as hard with the land of Sodom and Gomorrah as with that town.’

 Ã‰VANGILE Mt 10, 7-15

« Vous avez reçu gratuitement : donnez gratuitement »

Évangile de Jésus Christ selon saint Matthieu

En ce temps-là, Jésus disait à ses Apôtres: « Sur votre route, proclamez que le royaume des Cieux est tout proche. Guérissez les malades, ressuscitez les morts, purifiez les lépreux, expulsez les démons. Vous avez reçu gratuitement: donnez gratuitement. Ne vous procurez ni or ni argent, ni monnaie de cuivre à mettre dans vos ceintures, ni sac pour la route, ni tunique de rechange, ni sandales, ni bâton. L’ouvrier, en effet, mérite sa nourriture. Dans chaque ville ou village où vous entrerez, informez-vous pour savoir qui est digne de vous accueillir, et restez là jusqu’à votre départ.

En entrant dans la maison, saluez ceux qui l’habitent. Si cette maison en est digne, que votre paix vienne sur elle. Si elle n’en est pas digne, que votre paix retourne vers vous.  Si l’on ne vous accueille pas et si l’on n’écoute pas vos paroles, sortez de cette maison ou de cette ville, et secouez la poussière de vos pieds.  Amen, je vous le dis: au jour du Jugement, le pays de Sodome et de Gomorrhe sera traité moins sévèrement que cette ville.»
Mercy Father. My God you are alone is Holy there is none like you. Father thank you for your patience and love. Thank you for your compassion. Thank you Father for your Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Redeemer. True Father if you should mark our guilt, Father none is worthy to stand before you. None is sinless. We have all sinned against you Father, your mercy sustain our universe. You mercy kept us from destruction. Thank you Father, take all the glory, worship, thanksgiving and adoration.
Lord Jesus Christ I trust in your mercy. Lord Jesus you are my Redeemer. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect and defend me. Guide and guard me.
Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen. Hail Mary.
Your Birthday Saint. Blessed Benedict XI Pope. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY