HOW LOVELY IS YOUR DWELLING PLACE GOD OF HOSTS

16 WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR C - SATURDAY
FIRST READING JER. 7:1-11 Readings
Reform your behaviour and I will stay here with you, says the Lord

The word that was addressed to Jeremiah by the Lord:  ‘Go and stand at the gate of the Temple of the Lord and there proclaim this message. Say, “Listen to the word of the Lord, all you men of Judah who come in by these gates to worship the Lord. The Lord Sabaoth, the God of Israel, says this: Amend your behaviour and your actions and I will stay with you here in this place. Put no trust in delusive words like these: This is the sanctuary of the Lord, the sanctuary of the Lord, the sanctuary of the Lord! But if you do amend your behaviour and your actions, if you treat each other fairly, if you do not exploit the stranger, the orphan and the widow (if you do not shed innocent blood in this place), and if you do not follow alien gods, to your own ruin, then here in this place I will stay with you, in the land that long ago I gave to your fathers for ever. Yet here you are, trusting in delusive words, to no purpose! Steal, would you, murder, commit adultery, perjure yourselves, burn incense to Baal, follow alien gods that you do not know? – and then come presenting yourselves in this Temple that bears my name, saying: Now we are safe – safe to go on committing all these abominations! Do you take this Temple that bears my name for a robbers’ den? I, at any rate, am not blind - it is the Lord who speaks.”’

Responsorial Psalm: How lovely is your dwelling-place, Lord, God of hosts

GOSPEL MATT. 13:24-30 Let them both grow till the harvest

Jesus put another parable before the crowds: ‘The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everybody was asleep his enemy came, sowed darnel all among the wheat, and made off. When the new wheat sprouted and ripened, the darnel appeared as well. The owner’s servants went to him and said, “Sir, was it not good seed that you sowed in your field? If so, where does the darnel come from?” “Some enemy has done this” he answered. And the servants said, “Do you want us to go and weed it out?” But he said, “No, because when you weed out the darnel you might pull up the wheat with it. Let them both grow till the harvest; and at harvest time I shall say to the reapers: First collect the darnel and tie it in bundles to be burnt, then gather the wheat into my barn.”’ Reflections

ÉVANGILE MATTHIEU 13, 24-30« Laissez-les pousser ensemble jusqu’à la moisson »

Évangile de Jésus Christ selon saint Matthieu

En ce temps-là, Jésus proposa aux foules une autre parabole: « Le royaume des Cieux est comparable à un homme qui a semé du bon grain dans son champ.     Or, pendant que les gens dormaient, son ennemi survint; il sema de l’ivraie au milieu du blé et s’en alla. Quand la tige poussa et produisit l’épi, alors l’ivraie apparut aussi.  Les serviteurs du maître vinrent lui dire: “Seigneur, n’est-ce pas du bon grain que tu as semé dans ton champ? D’où vient donc qu’il y a de l’ivraie?”  Il leur dit : “C’est un ennemi qui a fait cela.” Les serviteurs lui disent : “Veux-tu donc que nous allions l’enlever ?”   Il répond : “Non, en enlevant l’ivraie, vous risquez d’arracher le blé en même temps.  Laissez-les pousser ensemble jusqu’à la moisson; et, au temps de la moisson, je dirai aux moissonneurs: Enlevez d’abord l’ivraie, liez-la en bottes pour la brûler; quant au blé, ramassez-le pour le rentrer dans mon grenier.” Lectures

Pray the Holy Rosary: May our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary pray for us. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen.

Father in heaven my God I thank you for your mercy and love. You are full of patience and compassion. Father I place all my trust in you. Deliver me during the day from evil and protect me while I sleep you are my refuge O Lord. Protect my family from danger. Protect all that concern me.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect and defend me. Be my guide and my guard.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Bridget of Sweden. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY