WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS THERE WILL YOUR HEART BE

FRIDAY WEEK 11 ORDINARY TIME
First Reading 2 Kings 11:1-4,9-18,20 
Saved from the massacre,
the true king is anointed by the high priest

When Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah learned that her son was dead, she promptly did away with all those of royal stock. But Jehosheba, daughter of King Jehoram and sister of Ahaziah, secretly took away Jehoash, her brother’s son, from among the sons of the king who were being murdered, and put him with his nurse in the sleeping quarters; in this way she hid him from Athaliah, and he was not put to death. He stayed with her for six years, hidden in the Temple of the Lord, while Athaliah governed the country. Readings Lectures Reflections

In the seventh year, Jehoiada sent for the commanders of hundreds of the Carians and of the guards, and had them brought to him in the Temple of the Lord. He made a pact with them and, putting them under oath, showed them the king’s son. 

The commanders of hundreds did everything as Jehoiada the priest had ordered. They brought their men, those coming off duty on the sabbath together with those mounting guard on the sabbath, and came to Jehoiada the priest. The priest equipped the commanders of hundreds with King David’s spears and shields which were in the Temple of the Lord. The guards formed up, each man with his weapon in his hand, from the south corner to the north corner of the Temple, surrounding the altar and the Temple. Then Jehoiada brought out the king’s son, put the crown and armlets on him, and he anointed him king. They clapped their hands and shouted, ‘Long live the king!’.....

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling

Gospel Matthew 6:19-23 Store up treasure for yourselves in heaven

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal. But store up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither moth nor woodworms destroy them and thieves cannot break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 

‘The lamp of the body is the eye. It follows that if your eye is sound, your whole body will be filled with light. But if your eye is diseased, your whole body will be all darkness. If then, the light inside you is darkness, what darkness that will be!’

God my Father in heaven how awesome are your deeds. Father I thank you for your goodness in my life. I thank you for your divine intervention in all my challenges. Father I thank you for your saving grace. I thank you for the new day. Father I place all activities of today into your loving hands. Father without you I am helpless I place all my trust in you. Most specially loving Father I thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus Christ to us. Blessed be your Most Holy Name my God and Father.

Lord Jesus Christ my Saviour you came to redeem and to heal humanity. Save us Lord for all our trust is in you. Lord I want to experience your presence in my life. Help me reveal your goodness, make my heart long for your words. Teach me Lord Jesus Christ. Help my understanding. Give me your Holy Spirit for my heart longs for you. Lord you said where our treasure is there will our hearts be also. Lord my heart desire is heavenly treasure. Grant my request. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for loving me. Jesus I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on me. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Defend me. Protect me. Guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Jesus Christ, our Loving Mother pray for us. 

Your Birthday Saint: Blessed Pierre-Joseph Cassant, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY