SAVE ME LORD I TAKE REFUGE IN YOU

WEDNESDAY WEEK TEN IN ORDINARY TIME
First Reading 1King 18:20-39 

Elijah vanquishes the priests of Baal

Ahab called all Israel together and assembled the prophets on Mount Carmel. Elijah stepped out in front of all the people. ‘How long’ he said ‘do you mean to hobble first on one leg then on the other? If the Lord is God, follow him; if Baal, follow him.’ But the people never said a word. Elijah then said to them, ‘I, I alone, am left as a prophet of the Lord, while the prophets of Baal are four hundred and fifty. Let two bulls be given us; let them choose one for themselves, dismember it and lay it on the wood, but not set fire to it. I in my turn will prepare the other bull, but not set fire to it. You must call on the name of your god, and I shall call on the name of mine; the god who answers with fire, is God indeed.’ The people all answered, ‘Agreed!’ Elijah then said to the prophets of Baal, ‘Choose one bull and begin, for there are more of you. Call on the name of your god but light no fire.’ They took the bull and prepared it, and from morning to midday they called on the name of Baal. ‘O Baal, answer us!’ they cried, but there was no voice, no answer, as they performed their hobbling dance round the altar they had made. Midday came, and Elijah mocked them. ‘Call louder,’ he said ‘for he is a god: he is preoccupied or he is busy, or he has gone on a journey; perhaps he is asleep and will wake up.’ So they shouted louder and gashed themselves, as their custom was, with swords and spears until the blood flowed down them. Midday passed, and they ranted on until the time the offering is presented; but there was no voice, no answer, no attention given to them.... Readings Lectures Reflections

Responsorial Psalm: Save me, Lord, I take refuge in you

Gospel Matthew 5:17-19

I have not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets but to complete them

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them. I tell you solemnly, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, shall disappear from the Law until its purpose is achieved. Therefore, the man who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of heaven; but the man who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of heaven.’

God my loving Father I praise you for the new day. Thank you Father for your faithfulness, for your mercy, for your love, for your compassion. Thank you Father for preservation. You are my Father, you are my God. The Angels sing your praise, the holy Saints worship you in adoration. I join them in worship and adoration for you alone Father derserve all praise and worship. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ.

Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.  I say to the Lord: ‘You are my God.’ Those who choose other gods increase their sorrows. Never will I offer their offerings of blood. Never will I take their name upon my lips. O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup;  it is you yourself who are my prize. I keep the Lord ever in my sight:   since he is at my right hand, I shall stand firm. You will show me the path of life,  the fullness of joy in your presence,  at your right hand happiness forever. Psalm 15(16)

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on me. Immacuate heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Lead me. Guide and  Gaurd me. Protect me. Defend me.

 Pray the Holy Rosary. May our Blessed Virgin Mother, Mary pray for us.


Your Birthday Saint: Saint James Berthieu, Priest and Martyr. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY