SAINT ANTHONY OF PADUA

MONDAY WEEK 11 IN ORDINARY TIME
Reading 1 King 21:1-16 Ahab covets Naboth's vineyard and Jezebel has him killed

Naboth of Jezreel had a vineyard close by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria, and Ahab said to Naboth, ‘Give me your vineyard to be my vegetable garden, since it adjoins my house; I will give you a better vineyard for it or, if you prefer, I will give you its worth in money.’ But Naboth answered Ahab, ‘The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my ancestors!’  Readings Lectures Reflections

Ahab went home gloomy and out of temper at the words of Naboth of Jezreel, ‘I will not give you the inheritance of my fathers.’ He lay down on his bed and turned his face away and refused to eat. His wife Jezebel came to him. ‘Why are you so dispirited’ she said ‘that you will not eat?’ He said, ‘I have been speaking to Naboth of Jezreel; I said: “Give me your vineyard either for money or, if you prefer, for another vineyard in exchange.” But he said, “I will not give you my vineyard.”’ Then his wife Jezebel said, ‘You make a fine king of Israel, and no mistake! Get up and eat; cheer up, and you will feel better; I will get you the vineyard of Naboth of Jezreel myself.’......

Responsorial Psalm: Give heed, Lord to my groaning

Gospel Matthew 5:38-42 
Offer the wicked man no resistance
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well; if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him. Give to anyone who asks, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away.’

My  Father in heaven I thank you for the new week. Loving Father guide my actions today. Deliver me from temptation, deliver me from evil. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Sacred Heart o Jesus have mercy one me. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for me.  Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me. Defend me. Saint Anthony of Padua pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Anthony of Padua, may he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. Happy Feast Day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY