LIFT UP THE LIGHT Of YOUR FACE ON US

TUESDAY WEEK TEN IN ORDINARY TIME: LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE
First King 17:7-16 The widow gives food to Elijah, and is fed

The stream in the place where Elijah lay hidden dried up, for the country had no rain. And then the word of the Lord came to Elijah, ‘Up and go to Zarephath, a Sidonian town, and stay there. I have ordered a widow there to give you food.’ So he went off to Sidon. And when he reached the city gate, there was a widow gathering sticks; addressing her he said, ‘Please bring me a little water in a vessel for me to drink.’ She was setting off to bring it when he called after her. ‘Please’ he said ‘bring me a scrap of bread in your hand.’ ‘As the Lord your God lives,’ she replied ‘I have no baked bread, but only a handful of meal in a jar and a little oil in a jug; I am just gathering a stick or two to go and prepare this for myself and my son to eat, and then we shall die.’ But Elijah said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, go and do as you have said; but first make a little scone of it for me and bring it to me, and then make some for yourself and for your son. For thus the Lord speaks, the God of Israel: Readings Lectures
“Jar of meal shall not be spent,
jug of oil shall not be emptied,
before the day when the Lord sends
rain on the face of the earth.”’
The woman went and did as Elijah told her and they ate the food, she, himself and her son. The jar of meal was not spent nor the jug of oil emptied, just as the Lord had foretold through Elijah.
Responsorial Psalm: Lift up the light of your face on us, O Lord
Gospel Matthew 5:13-16 Your light must shine in the sight of men Reflections
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘You are the salt of the earth. But if salt becomes tasteless, what can make it salty again? It is good for nothing, and can only be thrown out to be trampled underfoot by men. 

‘You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill-top cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp to put it under a tub; they put it on the lamp-stand where it shines for everyone in the house. In the same way your light must shine in the sight of men, so that, seeing your good works, they may give the praise to your Father in heaven.’

MY PRAYER: God my Father in heaven thank you for the gift of my life today a new day. Thank you for preservation. Thank you for provision. Thank you Father for protection. Thank you Father for the  great unmerited gift of your Son Jesus Christ.  Father lift up the light of your face on me today. I am the light of the world. May your grace and favor abide with me through Jesus Christ my Lord and Master.

You are my provider Father. I believe in your love.  I believe that you will provide for my every need - spiritual, physical and material. Loving Father forgive my selfishness and self-centredness in the way I often relate  to you. Help me Father to seek your Holy Will each day. Give me a generous heart.  I am a light to reveal your glory in the world like my Master Jesus Christ. Sometimes loving Father my actions does not reveal your light. I am the salt of the earth, direct my steps in relating to all your creatures. As my light shines bright in the sight of men, and my good works seen, may the glory and praise be yours my God, my Father in heaven through Jesus Christ my Lord and Redeemer.

CHRIST BE MY LIGHT. Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus make my heart like yours. Have mercy on me. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me. Defend me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Blessed. Blessed Virgin Mary bring us to your Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Master.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Claude, Bishop. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY