GET UP AND WALK

THURSDAY WEEK 13 IN ORDINARY TIME: GO PROPHESY TO MY PEOPLE
First Reading Amos 7:10-17
The Lord took me from herding the flock and sent me to prophesy
Amaziah the priest of Bethel sent word to Jeroboam king of Israel as follows. ‘Amos is plotting against you in the heart of the House of Israel; the country can no longer tolerate what he keeps saying. For this is what he says, “Jeroboam is going to die by the sword, and Israel go into exile far from its country.”’

To Amos, Amaziah said, ‘Go away, seer;’ get back to the land of Judah; earn your bread there, do your prophesying there. We want no more prophesying in Bethel; this is the royal sanctuary, the national temple.’ ‘I was no prophet, neither did I belong to any of the brotherhoods of prophets,’ Amos replied to Amaziah ‘I was a shepherd, and looked after sycamores: but it was the Lord who took me from herding the flock, and the Lord who said, “Go, prophesy to my people Israel.” So listen to the word of the Lord.


‘“Do not prophesy against Israel, utter no oracles against the House of Isaac.” ‘Very well, this is what the Lord says, ‘“Your wife will be forced to go on the s treets, your sons and daughters will fall by the sword, your land be parcelled out by measuring line, and you yourself die on unclean soil and Israel will go into exile far distant from its own land.”’

Responsorial Psalm: The decrees of the Lord are truth and all of them just Psalm 19

Gospel Matthew 9:1-8
 'Your sins are forgiven; get up and walk'

Jesus got in the boat, crossed the water and came to his own town. Then some people appeared, bringing him a paralytic stretched out on a bed. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘Courage, my child, your sins are forgiven.’ And at this some scribes said to themselves, ‘This man is blaspheming.’ Knowing what was in their minds Jesus said, ‘Why do you have such wicked thoughts in your hearts? Now, which of these is easier to say, “Your sins are forgiven,” or to say, “Get up and walk”? But to prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,’ – he said to the paralytic – ‘get up, and pick up your bed and go off home.’ And the man got up and went home. A feeling of awe came over the crowd when they saw this, and they praised God for giving such power to men.

My Father, my God thank you for the last day in the month of June. Thank you Father for your mercy, compassion, love and goodness. Thank you Father for protection. Thank you God for preservation. Thank you Father for provision. Thank you Father for the gift of life and for good health. Thank you for the new day. Father may you take all the glory through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for your love. Thank Jesus Christ my redeemer and my salvation. Forgive me Lord Jesus Christ. Heal Lord. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me. Defend me. 

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary. Queen of Angels pray for us. Queen of Peace pray for us. 

Your Birthday Saints: First Martyrs of the Church of Rome. May they pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY