DO NOT JUDGE

MONDAY WEEK 12 ORDINARY TIME
TURN FORM YOUR WICKED  WAYS
First Reading 2 Kings 17:5-8,13-15,18 There was none left, but the tribe of Judah only

The king of Assyria invaded the whole country and, coming to Samaria, laid siege to it for three years. In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and deported the Israelites to Assyria. He settled them in Halah on the Habor, a river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes. Readings Lectures

This happened because the Israelites had sinned against the Lord their God who had brought them out of the land of Egypt, out of the grip of Pharaoh king of Egypt. They worshipped other gods, they followed the practices of the nations that the Lord had dispossessed for them.  Reflections

And yet through all the prophets and all the seers, the Lord had given Israel and Judah this warning, ‘Turn from your wicked ways and keep my commandments and my laws in accordance with the entire Law I laid down for your fathers and delivered to them through my servants the prophets.’ But they would not listen, they were more stubborn than their ancestors had been who had no faith in the Lord their God. They despised his laws and the covenant he had made with their ancestors, and the warnings he had given them. They pursued emptiness, and themselves became empty through copying the nations round them although the Lord had ordered them not to act as they did. For this, the Lord was enraged with Israel and thrust them away from him. There was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

Responsorial Psalm: Hear us, O Lord, and help us

Gospel Matthew 7:1-5 Do not judge, and you will not be judged

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Do not judge, and you will not be judged; because the judgements you give are the judgements you will get, and the amount you measure out is the amount you will be given. Why do you observe the splinter in your brother’s eye and never notice the plank in your own? How dare you say to your brother, “Let me take the splinter out of your eye,” when all the time there is a plank in your own? Hypocrite! Take the plank out of your own eye first, and then you will see clearly enough to take the splinter out of your brother’s eye.’

My God my Father thank you for the new week. Father I bless your Holy Name. Father take all the glory and honor through Jesus Christ our Lord. Father guide me. Father  direct me. Father give me your Holy Spirit. Father may I be compassionate to all your creatures as you are compassionate to me. Father have mercy on me, do not bring me to judgement. 

Lord Jesus Christ be my light. Lord Jesus make my heart like yours. Give me a sincere heart, give me a pure heart. Jesus I trust in you. Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on me. Immacualte Heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me and Saints. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Defend me. Guide and Guard me. Protect me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Our Lady Mother of God pray for us.

Your Birthday Saints: Saints Adalbert of Magdeburg, John of Pulsano and Blessed Margareta Ebner. May they oray fr you as you celebrate your birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY