BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS

WEDNESDAY WEEK 12 IN ORDINARY TIME: YOU WILL TELL BY THEIR FRUITS
First Reading 2 Kings 22:8-13,23:1-3 
The Book of the Law is found in the Temple of the Lord

The high priest Hilkiah said to Shaphan the secretary, ‘I have found the Book of the Law in the Temple of the Lord.’’’ And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, who read it. Shaphan the secretary went to the king and reported to him as follows, ‘Your servants’ he said ‘have melted down the silver which was in the Temple and have handed it over to the masters of works attached to the Temple of the Lord.’ Then Shaphan the secretary informed the king, ‘Hilkiah the priest has given me a book’; and Shaphan read it aloud in the king’s presence.  Readings Lectures Reflections

On hearing the contents of the Book of the Law, the king tore his garments, and gave the following order to Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam son of Shaphan, Achbor son of Micaiah, Shaphan the secretary and Asaiah the king’s minister: ‘Go and consult the Lord, on behalf of me and the people, about the contents of this book that has been found. Great indeed must be the anger of the Lord blazing out against us because our ancestors did not obey what this book says by practising everything written in it.’ 

The king then had all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem summoned to him, and the king went up to the Temple of the Lord with all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, priests, prophets and all the people, of high or low degree. In their hearing he read out everything that was said in the book of the covenant found in the Temple of the Lord. The king stood beside the pillar, and in the presence of the Lord he made a covenant to follow the Lord and keep his commandments and decrees and laws with all his heart and soul, in order to enforce the terms of the covenant as written in that book. All the people gave their allegiance to the covenant.

Responsorial Psalm: Lord, teach me your statutes

Gospel Matthew 7:15-20 You will be able to tell them by their fruits
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Beware of false prophets who come to you disguised as sheep but underneath are ravenous wolves. You will be able to tell them by their fruits. Can people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? In the same way, a sound tree produces good fruit but a rotten tree bad fruit. A sound tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor a rotten tree bear good fruit. Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown on the fire. I repeat, you will be able to tell them by their fruits.’
My Father I thank you for your mercy over all your creatures. I thank you for your mercy and compassion. Father I bless your Holy name. Father I worship and adore you. God my Father, teach me your statutes that I may obey your commandments. Father direct me, guide my actions. Deliver me from false prophets. Father I am your child, a covenant child. Thank you my loving Father for your are full of mercy. You are full of compassion. You are loving. Take all glory through Jesus Christ your Son, my redeemer.

Lord Jesus Christ I want to bear good fruit. Make me imitate you. Lord protect me from false prophets disguised as sheep. There are many ravenous wolves parading as prophets, pastors, men and women who claim to have insight of God's word. There are many false miracles in our world today for people are in search of miracles so they fall prey to these wolves. Lord Jesus Christ be my light. Lord guide me.

Sacred Heart of Jesus I trust in you. Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and Guard me. Defend me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Christ our Mother pray for us.

Your Birthday Saints: Saints Thomas More, Lawyer and Martyr, John Fisher, Martyr and Bishop, Paulinus of Nola, Bishop. May they pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY