CUSTOM, TRADITION AND RELIGION

WEDNESDAY WEEK FIVE OF EASTER: JESUS CHRIST THE TRUE VINE
First Reading Acts 15:1-6 
They were to go up to Jerusalem and discuss the problem with the apostles and elders

Some men came down from Judaea and taught the brothers, ‘Unless you have yourselves circumcised in the tradition of Moses you cannot be saved.’ This led to disagreement, and after Paul and Barnabas had had a long argument with these men it was arranged that Paul and Barnabas and others of the church should go up to Jerusalem and discuss the problem with the apostles and elders.  Lectures 

All the members of the church saw them off, and as they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria they told how the pagans had been converted, and this news was received with the greatest satisfaction by the brothers. When they arrived in Jerusalem they were welcomed by the church and by the apostles and elders, and gave an account of all that God had done with them. Readings Reflections

But certain members of the Pharisees’ party who had become believers objected, insisting that the pagans should be circumcised and instructed to keep the Law of Moses. The apostles and elders met to look into the matter.

Responsorial Psalm: I rejoiced when I heard them say: 'Let us go to God’s house'

Gospel John 15:1-8 I am the vine, you are the branches

Jesus said to his disciples: 
‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that bears no fruit he cuts away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes to make it bear even more.

You are pruned already, by means of the word that I have spoken to you. Make your home in me, as I make mine in you. 

As a branch cannot bear fruit all by itself, but must remain part of the vine, neither can you unless you remain in me.

I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing.

Anyone who does not remain in me is like a branch that has been thrown away – he withers; these branches are collected and thrown on the fire, and they are burnt.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask what you will and you shall get it.It is to the glory of my Father that you should bear much fruit, and then you will be my disciples.’

God my Father I thank you for your great mercy, for your compassion, faithfulness and love. Loving Father thank you for a new day. As I begin this day may your glory abide in me, every of my action will give glory to your Most Holy Name through Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour the true Vine.

Almighty God our Father, have mercy on our leaders. Stir their hearts to desire your ways. Father give them ears to hear you whenever you speak. Give them your wisdom Father that they might learn and not sin against you. Loving Father lead them in your truth and justice. It is true that Custom, Tradition and Religion can bring about disunity and anarchy God my Father direct all leaders fill them with your Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus Christ the Vine Son of God Most High, we your branches can do nothing without you. From you we draw strength, courage, life. Attached to you the Vine, we will bear good fruits because you are All Goodness. 

Help us Lord to remain in you the True Vine and you will abide in us so that we may bear plenty fruits: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control. Lord may your Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Fortitude, Knowledge, Piety and Fear of God will abide in us for if we detach from you we are worthless.

Father with you Holy Spirit in us we will be opened to acceptance of one another irrespective of Tradition, and Religion. Your Holy Spirit unit us in faithfulness, love and peace for you came into our world to reveal God's Goodness and Glory. Lord make us one and save of from eternal fire but bring us to your heavenly kingdom.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Blessed Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me, guide ane guard me. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen. Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint:  Pope Saint John I, Martyr. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY