THE WORLD HATED ME BEFORE IT HATED YOU

SATURDAY WEEK FIVE IN EASTER: JESUS CHRIST MY CHOICE
First Reading Acts 16:1-10 'Come across to Macedonia and help us'

From Cilicia Paul went to Derbe, and then on to Lystra. Here there was a disciple called Timothy, whose mother was a Jewess who had become a believer; but his father was a Greek. The brothers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of Timothy, and Paul, who wanted to have him as a travelling companion, had him circumcised. This was on account of the Jews in the locality where everyone knew his father was a Greek. Readings Lectures

As they visited one town after another, they passed on the decisions reached by the apostles and elders in Jerusalem, with instructions to respect them. So the churches grew strong in the faith, as well as growing daily in numbers.  Reflections

They travelled through Phrygia and the Galatian country, having been told by the Holy Spirit not to preach the word in Asia. When they reached the frontier of Mysia they thought to cross it into Bithynia, but as the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them, they went through Mysia and came down to Troas. 

One night Paul had a vision: a Macedonian appeared and appealed to him in these words, ‘Come across to Macedonia and help us.’ Once he had seen this vision we lost no time in arranging a passage to Macedonia, convinced that God had called us to bring them the Good News. 

Responsorial Psalm: Cry out with joy to the Lord, all the earth

Gospel John 15 :18-21 The world hated me before it hated you

Jesus said to his disciples: 
‘If the world hates you, remember that it hated me before you. If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice withdrew you from the world, therefore the world hates you.

Remember the words I said to you: A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you too; if they kept my word, they will keep yours as well. But it will be on my account that they will do all this, because they do not know the one who sent me.’

PRAYER: God my Father I raise my voice in praise to you for your goodness over me. Father thank you for your faithfulness, love and mercy. It is a new day let all your creatures raise their voices in praise, adoration and worship. We cry out Halleluyah to your Most Holy Name.

Lord Jesus Christ thank you for sharing your passion with me. I want to remember your word that the world hated you, my loving and trusting you I equally will be a victime of those who still do not love you. Those who hate truth and would promote falsehood. Help me to manifest your presence with courage. I marvel at your word grant me deeper knowledge of the scripture that I may grow in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. 

Fill me with your Holy Spirit to instruct me.  Make me sensitive to people's beliefs, views, opinions, traditions, customs and direct my actions in relating to all your creatures.

They will be my inspiration, guide, courage, confidence and strength. That the world may accept your visitation, give God all the glory for your sacrifice  in redeeming our world. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Blessed Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen. 

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Christopher Magallanes, Priest and Companions, Martyrs. May they pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY