THE PRINCE OF THE WORLD IS ON HIS WAY

TUESDAY WEEK FIVE OF EASTER
PERSEVERANCE THE GATE TO HEAVENLY KINGDOM

 First Reading Acts 14:19-28 
They gave an account of how God had opened the door of faith to the pagans

Some Jews arrived from Antioch and Iconium, and turned the people against the apostles. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the town, thinking he was dead. The disciples came crowding round him but, as they did so, he stood up and went back to the town. The next day he and Barnabas went off to Derbe.  Readings Lecture

Having preached the Good News in that town and made a considerable number of disciples, they went back through Lystra and Iconium to Antioch. They put fresh heart into the disciples, encouraging them to persevere in the faith. ‘We all have to experience many hardships’ they said ‘before we enter the kingdom of God.’ In each of these churches they appointed elders, and with prayer and fasting they commended them to the Lord in whom they had come to believe. Reflections

They passed through Pisidia and reached Pamphylia. Then after proclaiming the word at Perga they went down to Attalia and from there sailed for Antioch, where they had originally been commended to the grace of God for the work they had now completed. 

On their arrival they assembled the church and gave an account of all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith to the pagans. They stayed there with the disciples for some time.

Responsorial Psalm: Your friends, O Lord, shall make known the glorious splendour of your reign

Gospel John 14 :27-31 A peace the world cannot give is my gift to you

Jesus said to his disciples: 
‘Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace the world cannot give, this is my gift to you.

Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me say: I am going away, and shall return. If you loved me you would have been glad to know that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

I have told you this now before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe. I shall not talk with you any longer, because the prince of this world is on his way. He has no power over me, but the world must be brought to know that I love the Father  and that I am doing exactly what the Father told me.’

My God, my Father in heaven I thank you for this new day. Father take all honor, glory, worship and adoration through Jesus Christ our Lord. Loving Father your friends, all your creatures shall make known the glorious splendour of your reign for you rule over all creation and your dominion is everlasting dominion.

Father give us your Holy Spirit of discernment for our Lord and Savior mentioned the power of the prince of the world domineering over all your creatures. This we can see through the negative actions of all your creatures of earth. The power of evil prevails in our world. Our Lord Jesus Christ overcame all the evil plots of the worldly prince. Give me the strength to perservere, and courage to overcome evil and temptations.

I ask for your grace loving Father that dominion of the worldly prince may not rule my life, my action nor take control of my being and my spirit.  Lord Jesus Christ you are heavenly Prince. The Prince of Peace. The Son of God Most High, the universal King. 

Your authority is supreme, you are obedient to God, you do exactly God's command and will, come Lord Jesus be my Prince for I am your subject. Come reign in my life Lord Jesus Christ. Give me peace, may God's Holy Spirit abide in me, your promise from the Father. 

Note: Remember Paul's role in the stoning of Stephen. He was equally stoned. Let us be mindful of our actions.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Blessed Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen. Queen of Peace pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Pascal Baylon, Religious. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY