JESUS CHRIST THE WAY THE TRUTH AND LIFE

FRIDAY FOURTH WEEK IN EASTER: YOU ARE MY SON

First Reading Acts 13:26-33 God has fulfilled his promise by raising Jesus from the dead

Paul stood up in the synagogue at Antioch in Pisidia, held up a hand for silence and began to speak:

‘My brothers, sons of Abraham’s race, and all you who fear God, this message of salvation is meant for you. What the people of Jerusalem and their rulers did, though they did not realise it, was in fact to fulfil the prophecies read on every sabbath. Though they found nothing to justify his death, they condemned him and asked Pilate to have him executed. Readings, Lectures

When they had carried out everything that scripture foretells about him they took him down from the tree and buried him in a tomb. But God raised him from the dead, and for many days he appeared to those who had accompanied him from Galilee to Jerusalem: and it is these same companions of his who are now his witnesses before our people. Reflections

We have come here to tell you the Good News. It was to our ancestors that God made the promise but it is to us, their children, that he has fulfilled it, by raising Jesus from the dead. As scripture says in the second psalm: You are my son: today I have become your father.

Responsorial Psalm: You are my Son. It is I who have begotten you this day

Gospel  John 14:1-6 I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

Jesus said to his disciples:

‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God still, and trust in me.

There are many rooms in my Father’s house; if there were not, I should have told you.

I am going now to prepare a place for you, and after I have gone and prepared you a place.

I shall return to take you with me; so that where I am you may be too. You know the way to the place where I am going.’

Thomas said, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ 

Jesus said: ‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.’

Your Birthday Feast: Our Lady of Fatima : Hail Mary. Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen. May our Blessed Virgin Mother pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. Hail Thou Star of Ocean

My Father, my God I have made so many mistakes that have changed your plan in my life. These have led to regrets and sometimes depression. Nevertherless my Father your loving plan in my life still stands. Father for in my mistakes you showed me your loving kindness, you taught me through my mistakes. You made me a wiser and a better person because your guiding hands protects me for you love me so dearly. Thank you Father for loving me.

Thank you Loving Father for your Son Jesus Christ our promised Redeemer. Thank you Father for he came to put things right. He came to reconcile humanity back to you Father despite our helpless and hopeless state. Father you are loving, you are so good. Thank you Father for all hope is not lost for Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and Life. Our sure hope of redemption, our Salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

gloriahelg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY