JESUS CHRIST THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

WEDNESDAY WEEK FOUR OF EASTER:  MISSION BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
First Reading Acts 12:24-13:5 'I want Barnabas and Saul set apart' 

The word of God continued to spread and to gain followers. Barnabas and Saul completed their task and came back from Jerusalem, bringing John Mark with them. Readings 

 In the church at Antioch the following were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen, who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. One day while they were offering worship to the Lord and keeping a fast, the Holy Spirit said, ‘I want Barnabas and Saul set apart for the work to which I have called them.’ So it was that after fasting and prayer they laid their hands on them and sent them off. Lectures

So these two, sent on their mission by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia and from there sailed to Cyprus. They landed at Salamis and proclaimed the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews; John acted as their assistant. Reflections

Responsorial Psalm: Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you

Gospel John 12:44-50 I, the light, have come into the world

Jesus declared publicly:

‘Whoever believes in me 
believes not in me but in the one who sent me, and whoever sees me, sees the one who sent me.

I, the light, have come into the world, so that whoever believes in me need not stay in the dark any more. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world.

He who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already: the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day. For what I have spoken does not come from myself; no, what I was to say, what I had to speak, was commanded by the Father who sent me, and I know that his commands mean eternal life.

And therefore what the Father has told me is what I speak.’

My heavenly Father, my God I thank you for your Son Jesus Christ the Light of the World. Loving Father send me your Holy Spirit. Fill me with your Holy Spirit to instruct me, give knowledge and insight to the words of your Son Jesus Christ my Savior. 

Father make me understand the mystery of Christ's redemption. He is your true image, a compassionate Father, a merciful and loving Father. Father I believe in Jesus 'Christ your Son. Keep me faithful to His words. Father in keeping to His words I shall be free from judgment and condemnation for He came to save the world.

Loving Father, Christ came to fulfill your commands that leads to eternal life. I thank you Father for you sent your Son to save our world from darkness, sin and evil. He is the Light that dispel our world from darkness, evil and condemnation. Christ be my Eternal Light. (Fasting and Prayer our Spiritual Weapon).

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, my Mother pray for me. Bring me to your Son. Ave Maria. Hail Mary.

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Ignatius of Laconi, Religious. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

gloriahelg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY