I SHALL SEE YOU AGAIN NO ONE WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR JOY

FRIDAY SIXTH WEEK OF EASTER: DO NOT BE AFRAID I AM WITH YOU
First Reading Acts 18:1-18 
'I have many people on my side in this city'

At Corinth one night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision, ‘Do not be afraid to speak out, nor allow yourself to be silenced: I am with you. I have so many people on my side in this city that no one will even attempt to hurt you.’ So Paul stayed there preaching the word of God among them for eighteen months. Readings Lectures Reflections

But, while Gallio was proconsul of Achaia, the Jews made a concerted attack on Paul and brought him before the tribunal. ‘We accuse this man’ they said ‘of persuading people to worship God in a way that breaks the Law.’ Before Paul could open his mouth, Gallio said to the Jews, ‘Listen, you Jews. If this were a misdemeanour or a crime, I would not hesitate to attend to you; but if it is only quibbles about words and names, and about your own Law, then you must deal with it yourselves – I have no intention of making legal decisions about things like that.’ Then he sent them out of the court, and at once they all turned on Sosthenes, the synagogue president, and beat him in front of the court house. Gallio refused to take any notice at all. 

After staying on for some time, Paul took leave of the brothers and sailed for Syria, accompanied by Priscilla and Aquila. At Cenchreae he had his hair cut off, because of a vow he had made.

Responsorial Psalm: God is king of all the earth

Gospel John 16 :20-23 Your hearts will be full of joy that no-one will take from you
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I tell you most solemnly, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.

A woman in childbirth suffers, because her time has come;but when she has given birth to the child she forgets the suffering in her joy that a man has been born into the world.

So it is with you: you are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you. When that day comes, you will not ask me any questions.’

PRAYER: Heavenly Father you are King of over all. Father you reign supreme. Your majesty is eternal you alone be adoration and worship. Thank you loving Father for a new refreshing day. Thank you for the gift of life and for your Spirit that abides in me, and with me. Take all glory now and for ever Father the Lord Most High deserves all honor and praise.

Loving Father thank you for you subdue our enemies under us. My inheritance and my glory comes from you. I will speak of your faithfulness, your mercy and your love. I will not fear for you are the I am that I am. No one will even attempt to hurt me. My assurance comes from you.

Thank you loving Father for your Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. I sing your praise Father for your Son goes up into heaven in triumph and victory. He conquered evil and all forms of hostilities. Christ foretold those who love you the challenges they will encounter in loving you Father and Him. However He promised that our sorrows will turn to abundant joy, and that no one will take away our joy - for His promised Advocate will remain with us as our comforter. Spirit of God come dwell in our hearts.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me, defend me. Be my guide and my guard.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Rejoice Queen of Heaven. Rejoice the Blessed Virgin Mother of our Lord and Saviour. Hail Mary. Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen. Pray for us and bring us to your Son Jesus Christ 
our Master.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Augustine of Canterbury, Bishop. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY