I CAME FROM GOD ASK IN MY NAME

SATURDAY SIXTH WEEK OF EASTER: JESUS IS CHRIST 

First Reading Act 18:23-28 Apollos demonstrated from the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ

Paul came down to Antioch, where he spent a short time before continuing his journey through the Galatian country and then through Phrygia, encouraging all the followers. Readings Lectures 

An Alexandrian Jew named Apollos now arrived in Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, with a sound knowledge of the scriptures, and yet, though he had been given instruction in the Way of the Lord and preached with great spiritual earnestness and was accurate in all the details he taught about Jesus, he had only experienced the baptism of John. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him speak boldly in the synagogue, they took an interest in him and gave him further instruction about the Way. Reflections

When Apollos thought of crossing over to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote asking the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived there he was able by God’s grace to help the believers considerably by the energetic way he refuted the Jews in public and demonstrated from the scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Responsorial Psalm: God is King of all the earth

Gospel John 16 :23-28 The Father loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God

Jesus said to his disciples: 
‘I tell you most solemnly, anything you ask for from the Father he will grant in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and so your joy will be complete.

I have been telling you all this in metaphors, the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in metaphors; but tell you about the Father in plain words.

When that day comes you will ask in my name; and I do not say that I shall pray to the Father for you, because the Father himself loves you for loving me and believing that I came from God. I came from the Father and have come into the world and now I leave the world to go to the Father.’

My Prayer: My God, my Father, King of all the earth thank you for the new day. Thank you for your unfailing love over me. Father thank you for your Spirit who dwells in me. You are my life Father. I thank you for your faithfulness, for your mercy and compassion over all your creatures. To you be all glory through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ my Redeemer, Son of God most High thank you for your sacrifice. Lord you said  anything I ask the Father in your name I will receive. 

In your name Lord Jesus I ask to receive the Holy Spirit. I ask for the spirit of eloquence, I ask for sound knowledge of the scriptures. Make me earnest spiritually. Give me spirit of accuracy. I ask for the gift of God's grace. Make me energetic in rendering service in your house, and in service to humanity. I ask for God's favor and acceptance.

Lord I believe you have heard my request. I thank God for  answering my prayer because God loves me as I love you. I believe in you Lord Jesus Christ. I believe you came from God. I believe your word and testimony. I love you Lord my Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Be my protection. Defend me. Guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ our Mother pray for us. Queen of Peace, your Son Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace bring us to Christ our Redeemer. Ave Maria.

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Bernard of Montjoux, Priest. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY