ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

WEDNESDAY THIRD WEEK OF EASTER: 
THE BITTER PERSECUTION AGAINST THE CHURCH

First Reading Acts 8:1-8 They went from place to place, preaching the Good News

That day a bitter persecution started against the church in Jerusalem, and everyone except the apostles fled to the country districts of Judaea and Samaria. Readings Lectures

There were some devout people, however, who buried Stephen and made great mourning for him. Saul then worked for the total destruction of the Church; he went from house to house arresting both men and women and sending them to prison. Reflections

Those who had escaped went from place to place preaching the Good News. One of them was Philip who went to a Samaritan town and proclaimed the Christ to them. The people united in welcoming the message Philip preached, either because they had heard of the miracles he worked or because they saw them for themselves. There were, for example, unclean spirits that came shrieking out of many who were possessed, and several paralytics and cripples were cured. As a result there was great rejoicing in that town.

Responsorial Psalm: Cry out with joy to God, all the earth

Gospel John 6 :35-40 It is my Father's will that whoever sees the Son should have eternal life

Jesus said to the crowd:

‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never be hungry; he who believes in me will never thirst.

But, as I have told you, you can see me and still you do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I shall not turn him away; because I have come from heaven, not to do my own will, but to do the will of the one who sent me.

Now the will of him who sent me is that I should lose nothing of all that he has given to me, and that I should raise it up on the last day. Yes, it is my Father’s will that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and that I shall raise him up on the last day.’

Loving Father, Eternal King of Glory your Holy Church till date suffers persecution. True Father, you Church is under the care of mortal men and women struggling for perfection. The accusser, the liar is always attacking your Church, your elected and your children because they are frail, they are mortals.  Thank you Father for your mercy, love and compassion. Blessed be Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Eucharist.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ, for when you choose men, your disciple they were not perfect. Lord in encountering you, your love and patience made them holy.  Lord Jesus Christ, the Father's will is for us to be saved and have eternal life. For the love of you Lord, for the love of God our Father in heaven I desire holiness and perfection. Lord help me in my spiritual journey to perfection. Lord Jesus Christ you are the Bread of Life, my Spiritual Food, feed me. Lord purify my spirit, my heart and my soul. You are the soul's delight Lord give yourself to me that I may live, that I may have eternal life though mortal I will be immortal.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen. Mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Mother pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: Blessed Angel Prat Hostench and Companions, Martyrs. May they pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY