'DO YOU BELIEVE AT LAST?'

MONDAY THE 7TH WEEK OF EASTER
DID YOU RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT

First Reading  Acts 19:1-8
The moment Paul laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came down on them

While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul made his way overland as far as Ephesus, where he found a number of disciples. When he asked, ‘Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you became believers?’ they answered, ‘No, we were never even told there was such a thing as a Holy Spirit.’ ‘Then how were you baptised?’ he asked. ‘With John’s baptism’ they replied. ‘John’s baptism’ said Paul ‘was a baptism of repentance; but he insisted that the people should believe in the one who was to come after him – in other words, Jesus.’ When they heard this, they were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus, and the moment Paul had laid hands on them the Holy Spirit came down on them, and they began to speak with tongues and to prophesy. There were about twelve of these men.  Readings Lectures

He began by going to the synagogue, where he spoke out boldly and argued persuasively about the kingdom of God. He did this for three months. Reflections

Responsorial Psalm: Kingdom of the earth, sing to God

Gospel John 16 :29-33 Be brave, for I have conquered the world


His disciples said to Jesus, ‘Now you are speaking plainly and not using metaphors! Now we see that you know everything, and do not have to wait for questions to be put into words; because of this we believe that you came from God.’ Jesus answered them:

‘Do you believe at last?

Listen; the time will come – in fact it has come already – when you will be scattered, each going his own way and leaving me alone.

And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. I have told you all this so that you may find peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but be brave: I have conquered the world.’ 
Heavenly Father I worship you. Thank you for the new day. Thank you Father for I am baptise into the body of Christ. Father I believe in you. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in the Holy Spirit. Pour out your Holy Spirit on me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit of God come my Advocate.

Kingdoms of the earth sing to God.  Psalm 67 Let God arise, let his foes be scattered.  Let those who hate him flee before him. As smoke is blown away so will they be blown away. Like wax that melts before the fire,  so the wicked shall perish at the presence of God. 

The just shall rejoice at the presence of God,  they shall exult and dance for joy. O sing to the Lord, make music to his name. Rejoice in the Lord, exult at his presence. Father of the orphan, defender of the widow,  such is God in his holy place. God gives the lonely a home to live in.  He leads the prisoners forth into freedom.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels and Saints pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me, guard me, direct me. Be my protection.
 
Pray the Holy Rosary. Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace pray for us. Hail Mary.  Ave Maria.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Joan of  Arc, Virgin and Martyr. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.

gloriahelg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY