A NEW CREATION

FIFTH SUNDAY IN EASTER: LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU

First Reading Acts 14:21-27  Lectures
They gave an account to the church of all that God had done with them Readings

Paul and Barnabas went back through Lystra and Iconium to Antioch. They put fresh heart into the disciples, encouraging them to persevere in the faith. ‘We all have to experience many hardships’ they said ‘before we enter the kingdom of God.’ In each of these churches they appointed elders, and with prayer and fasting they commended them to the Lord in whom they had come to believe.

They passed through Pisidia and reached Pamphylia. Then after proclaiming the word at Perga they went down to Attalia and from there sailed for Antioch, where they had originally been commended to the grace of God for the work they had now completed. 

On their arrival they assembled the church and gave an account of all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith to the pagans.

Responsoria Psalm: I will bless your name for ever, O God my King Reflections

Second Reading Apocalypse 21:1-5 A vision of the heavenly Jerusalem, the bride of the Lamb

I, John, saw a new heaven and a new earth; the first heaven and the first earth had disappeared now, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the holy city, and the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, as beautiful as a bride all dressed for her husband. 

Then I heard a loud voice call from the throne,‘You see this city? Here God lives among men. He will make his home among them; they shall be his people, and he will be their God; his name is God-with-them. He will wipe away all tears from their eyes; there will be no more death, and no more mourning or sadness. The world of the past has gone.’ 

Then the One sitting on the throne spoke: ‘Now I am making the whole of creation new.’

Gospel John 13:31-33,34-35 In the Son of Man, God has been glorified


When Judas had gone Jesus said: ‘Now has the Son of Man been glorified, and in him God has been glorified. If God has been glorified in him, God will in turn glorify him in himself, and will glorify him very soon.

‘My little children, I shall not be with you much longer. I give you a new commandment: love one another; just as I have loved you, you also must love one another. By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples.’

God our heavenly Father I thank you for our Savior your Son Jesus Christ. He renewed our dark world engulfed in sin by His coming. Through Jesus Christ you glorified your Most Holy Name, and you gave all glory to Him. Father I give you glory, honor and adoration.

Father Christ promise of the Holy Spirit sent into our world filled the earth and you renewed your creation. Thank you Father for fulfilling your promise, your Spirit put fresh heart into those you called, and gave them encouragement to persevere in faith. Give us your grace God our Father. Give us a new heart. May we love our fellow creatures as commanded by your Son our Lord Jesus Christ.

True Father we all have to experience many hardships before we enter your  kingdom. Prayer and fasting is our weapon for fortification. May our lives be transformed. Give us strength for we trust in your mercy and love.

Father you are seated upon the throne with your Son Jesus Christ. It is comforting to know that when our earthly pilgrimage ends, we will be with you  in the holy city the new Jerusalem. Then our joy will complete for you will wipe away all tears from our eyes for there shall be death no more, no more mourning, no more sadness for a new world is created our heavenly home.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for me. Blessed Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Hail Mary. Hail Holy Queen. Mother of Jesus Christ our Mother prayfor  us.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Isidore, the Farmer. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY