GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Tuesday 12 April 2022

WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO DO QUICKLY

TUESDAY HOLY WEEK IN LENT

Gospel John 13:21-33,36-38 'What you are going to do, do quickly' Readings

While at supper with his disciples, Jesus was troubled in spirit and declared, ‘I tell you most solemnly, one of you will betray me.’ The disciples looked at one another, wondering which he meant. The disciple Jesus loved was reclining next to Jesus; Simon Peter signed to him and said, ‘Ask who it is he means’, so leaning back on Jesus’ breast he said, ‘Who is it, Lord?’ ‘It is the one’ replied Jesus ‘to whom I give the piece of bread that I shall dip in the dish.’ He dipped the piece of bread and gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot. At that instant, after Judas had taken the bread, Satan entered him. Jesus then said, ‘What you are going to do, do quickly.’ None of the others at table understood the reason he said this. Since Judas had charge of the common fund, some of them thought Jesus was telling him, ‘Buy what we need for the festival’, or telling him to give something to the poor. As soon as Judas had taken the piece of bread he went out. Night had fallen. Lectures


When he had gone Jesus said:

‘Now has the Son of Man been glorified, and in him God has been glorified. If God has been glorified in him, God will in turn glorify him in himself, and will glorify him very soon. ‘My little children, I shall not be with you much longer. You will look for me, And, as I told the Jews, where I am going, you cannot come.’

Simon Peter said, ‘Lord, where are you going?’ Jesus replied, ‘Where I am going you cannot follow me now; you will follow me later.’ Peter said to him, ‘Why can’t I follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.’ ‘Lay down your life for me?’ answered Jesus. ‘I tell you most solemnly, before the cock crows you will have disowned me three times.’ Reflections

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for your mercy, love, patience and compassion. You know everything, for the love of God the Father, and obedience to God's will. Lord you were gentile and full of consideration. Lord you were not angry in the face of painful betrayal by one of your Apostles. Lord you lived by example of your preaching. Teach me Lord, be with me, direct me. Lord my Saviour help me in all my trials and temptation to imitate and follow your steps.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide me, guard me. Be my protection. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Virgin Mary, Mother of Sorrows pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: St. Teresa of Los Andes, Religious. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY