GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 30 April 2022

JESUS WALKING ON THE LAKE

SATURDAY SECOND WEEK IN EASTER

MEN OF WISDOM AND GOOD REPUTATION

First Reading Acts 6:1-7  
They elected seven men full of the Holy Spirit

About this time, when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenists made a complaint against the Hebrews: in the daily distribution their own widows were being overlooked. So the Twelve called a full meeting of the disciples and addressed them, ‘It would not be right for us to neglect the word of God so as to give out food; you, brothers, must select from among yourselves seven men of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and with wisdom; we will hand over this duty to them, and continue to devote ourselves to prayer and to the service of the word.’  Lectures

The whole assembly approved of this proposal and elected Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, together with Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolaus of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these to the apostles, who prayed and laid their hands on them. 

The word of the Lord continued to spread: the number of disciples in Jerusalem was greatly increased, and a large group of priests made their submission to the faith.

Responsorial Psalm: May your love be upon us, O Lord, as we place all our hope in you 

Gospel  John 6:16-21 They saw Jesus walking on the lake

In the evening the disciples went down to the shore of the lake and got into a boat to make for Capernaum on the other side of the lake. It was getting dark by now and Jesus had still not rejoined them. The wind was strong, and the sea was getting rough. They had rowed three or four miles when they saw Jesus walking on the lake and coming towards the boat. This frightened them, but he said, ‘It is I. Do not be afraid.’ They were for taking him into the boat, but in no time it reached the shore at the place they were making for. Reflections

Loving Father to serve you one must be of good reputation, filled with the Spirit and wisdom. Father I ask of you to give me your Holy Spirit that I may be qualified to serve in your household and family.  Inflame me by the Holy Spirit that I may follow the footsteps of my Master Jesus Christ.

You are compassionate and merciful, draw me closer to you. Fill me with your love. I offer you every challenge and situation that may seems overwhelming to me. Lord with you everything is possible. Lord you said 'Do not be afriad' give me the courage, take away every fear and anxiety from me.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Hail Mary. Ave Maria. Hail Holy Queen. 

Your Birthday Saints: Sts. Pius V, Pope and Joseph Benedict Cottolengo, Priest. May they pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY