GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 7 April 2022

BEFORE ABRAHAM EVER WAS I AM

THURSDAY WEEK FIVE OF LENT YEAR C: COVENANT IN PERPETUITY

First Reading Genesis 17:3-9  Abraham, the father of a multitude of nations Readings

Abram bowed to the ground and God said this to him, ‘Here now is my covenant with you: you shall become the father of a multitude of nations. You shall no longer be called Abram; your name shall be Abraham, for I make you father of a multitude of nations. I will make you most fruitful. I will make you into nations, and your issue shall be kings. I will establish my Covenant between myself and you, and your descendants after you, generation after generation, a Covenant in perpetuity, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. I will give to you and to your descendants after you the land you are living in, the whole land of Canaan, to own in perpetuity, and I will be your God.’

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord remembers his covenant for ever Lectures

Gospel  John 8:51-59 Your father Abraham saw my Day and was glad

Jesus said to the Jews: ‘I tell you most solemnly, whoever keeps my word will never see death.’

The Jews said, ‘Now we know for certain that you are possessed. Abraham is dead, and the prophets are dead, and yet you say, “Whoever keeps my word will never know the taste of death.” Are you greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? The prophets are dead too. Who are you claiming to be?’ Jesus answered:

‘If I were to seek my own glory that would be no glory at all; my glory is conferred by the Father, by the one of whom you say, “He is our God” although you do not know him. But I know him, and if I were to say: I do not know him, I should be a liar, as you are liars yourselves.

But I do know him, and I faithfully keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced to think that he would see my Day; he saw it and was glad.’

The Jews then said, ‘You are not fifty yet, and you have seen Abraham!’ Jesus replied: ‘I tell you most solemnly, before Abraham ever was, I Am.’ Reflections

At this they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself and left the Temple.

God my Father you are faithful. Father you remember your covenant. You are true to your word. Father make me remember and embrace your love for I know you will never abandon me. Thank you loving Father for your faithfulness.  In your word Father you said "I will make you most fruitful. I will make you into nations, and your issue shall be kings. I will establish my Covenant between myself and you, and your descendants after you, generation after generation, a Covenant in perpetuity, to be your God" 

Father your Word is Yes Amen, you are the I am that I am. Thank you loving Father for your faithfulness to you be all glory, honor and adoration.

Lord Jesus Christ, I trust and believe in you. You are the Word of God made flesh. You are the promise of God. You are my Light and my Salvation. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me.

Your Birthday Saint: St. John Baptist de la Salle. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today. 

Pray the Holy Rosary. Our Lady Queen of Peace pray for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY