GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Friday 4 March 2022

THEY WILL FAST

FRIDAY AFTER ASH WEDNESDAY: 
RIGHT ATTITUDE TOWARDS FASTING
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

First Reading(s) Isaiah 58 :1-9 The sort of fast that pleases me
 
Thus says the Lord:

Shout for all you are worth, raise your voice like a trumpet. Proclaim their faults to my people,  their sins to the House of Jacob. They seek me day after day,   they long to know my ways, like a nation that wants to act with integrity  and not ignore the law of its God. Lectures

They ask me for laws that are just,  they long for God to draw near: ‘Why should we fast if you never see it,  why do penance if you never notice?’ Look, you do business on your fast-days,  you oppress all your workmen; look, you quarrel and squabble when you fast  and strike the poor man with your fist.

Fasting like yours today   will never make your voice heard on high. Is that the sort of fast that pleases me,  a truly penitential day for men? Hanging your head like a reed,  lying down on sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call fasting,  a day acceptable to the Lord?

Is not this the sort of fast that pleases me, it is the Lord who speaks, to break unjust fetters and  undo the thongs of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and break every yoke, to share your bread with the hungry,  and shelter the homeless poor, to clothe the man you see to be naked   and not turn from your own kin?

Then will your light shine like the dawn  and your wound be quickly healed over. Your integrity will go before you  and the glory of the Lord behind you. Cry, and the Lord will answer;  call, and he will say, ‘I am here.’

Responsorial Psalm: :A humbled, contrite heart, O God, you will not spurn

Gospel  Matthew 9:14-15  
When the bridegroom is taken from them, 
then they will fast

John’s disciples came to Jesus and said, ‘Why is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not?’ Jesus replied, ‘Surely the bridegroom’s attendants would never think of mourning as long as the bridegroom is still with them? But the time will come for the bridegroom to be taken away from them, and then they will fast.’ Reflections

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Casimir, King. May he pray for u as you celebrate your birthday today.

My Father, my God I could be impatient. Forgive me Father for many times I feel you did not listen to me. Forgive me for times I seek you for selfish motives. At times I feel I deserve things I have requested from you through prayer and fasting. Sometimes I may get angry at my fellow creatures at some slightes provocations. At times I ask if serving  you is necessary because  my expectations are not met.  I am truly sorry Father.  I am only human, I think in my human and selfish nature because my only concern is me ignoring other people. 

May your Holy Spirit abide in me during this season of Lent. May my fasting be true. May my fasting please you. Transform me to who you would have me to be.  Give me a loving heart, a sincere and a pure heart. A considerate heart, a compassionate heart, a heart full on mercy, a heart willing to understand  and forgive. A heart that seek for peace and justice. Father make my heart like that of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. God my Father hear my prayer through Jesus Christ I pray.

Lord Jesus thank you for loving me. Guide me as I journey in this season of Lent. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Pray with me. Guide and guide me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary: May our Mother Virgin Mary bring us to Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

LE PAIN QUI EST DESCENDU DU CIEL

VENDREDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF «Celui qui mange ce pain vivra éternellement»   Première Lecture Actes 9,1-20 « Cet hom...

GLORIA LITURGY