GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 17 March 2022

THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS

 First Reading  Jerimaih 17:5-10   

A curse on the man who puts his trust in man and turns from the Lord

 The Lord says this: Readings

‘A curse on the man who puts his trust in man,  who relies on things of flesh, whose heart turns from the Lord. He is like dry scrub in the wastelands: if good comes, he has no eyes for it, he settles in the parched places of the wilderness, a salt land, uninhabited.

‘A blessing on the man who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream: when the heat comes it feels no alarm, its foliage stays green; it has no worries in a year of drought, and never ceases to bear fruit.

‘The heart is more devious than any other thing, perverse too: who can pierce its secrets? I, the Lord, search to the heart, I probe the loins, to give each man what his conduct and his actions deserve


Gospel  Luke 16:19-31  Dives and Lazarus

Jesus said to the Pharisees: ‘There was a rich man who used to dress in purple and fine linen and feast magnificently every day. And at his gate there lay a poor man called Lazarus, covered with sores, who longed to fill himself with the scraps that fell from the rich man’s table. Dogs even came and licked his sores. Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried.  Lectures

‘In his torment in Hades he looked up and saw Abraham a long way off with Lazarus in his bosom. So he cried out, “Father Abraham, pity me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in agony in these flames.” “My son,” Abraham replied “remember that during your life good things came your way, just as bad things came the way of Lazarus. Now he is being comforted here while you are in agony. But that is not all: between us and you a great gulf has been fixed, to stop anyone, if he wanted to, crossing from our side to yours, and to stop any crossing from your side to ours.” .....  Reflections

My Father, my God I place all my trust in you.  Guide me. Guide my actions. May I seek you in all that I do. Help me Father that I may not be insensitive to the cry of my brothers and sisters that are in need. Father guide me provide for me that I may be able to reach out to my fellow creatures.  Save me Father from the sin of indifference.  Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. 

Pray the Holy Rosary. Mary Queen of Peace pray for us. Bring us to your Son Jesus Christ.

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Patrick, Bishop. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

JÉSUS LE PAIN VIVANT

JEUDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL : AELF Comme un agneau muet devant le tondeur Première Lecture Actes  8,26-40  « Voici de l’eau : qu...

GLORIA LITURGY