GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 23 March 2022

THE LAW AND THE AIM

Wednesday, Third Week of Lent: The law will achieve its purpose

First Reading Deuteronomy 4:1,5-9.  Keep these laws and observe them

Moses said to the people:  Readings 

‘Now, Israel, take notice of the laws and customs that I teach you today, and observe them, that you may have life and may enter and take possession of the land that the Lord the God of your fathers is giving you. 

‘See, as the Lord my God has commanded me, I teach you the laws and customs that you are to observe in the land you are to enter and make your own. Keep them, observe them, and they will demonstrate to the peoples your wisdom and understanding. When they come to know of all these laws they will exclaim, “No other people is as wise and prudent as this great nation.” And indeed, what great nation is there that has its gods so near as the Lord our God is to us whenever we call to him? And what great nation is there that has laws and customs to match this whole Law that I put before you today? 

‘But take care what you do and be on your guard. Do not forget the things your eyes have seen, nor let them slip from your heart all the days of your life; rather, tell them to your children and to your children’s children.’ Lectures

Gospel Matthew 5:17-19 
I have not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets but to complete them  Reflections

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them. I tell you solemnly, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, shall disappear from the Law until its purpose is achieved. Therefore, the man who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of heaven; but the man who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of heaven.’

Loving Father you have been our refuge through all generation. Teach me to observe your decrees, to obey your law. Give me wisdom make me upright in heart.  Help me loving Father to hold on inspite all fears and uncertainties around me, and to let go whatever that is a stumbling block in my life that may keep me away from your presence Father. 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and guide me. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Turibius of Mogrovejo, Bishop. May he pray for you as you celeberate your birthday.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Blessed Virgin Mary pray for us. Bring us to your Son Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

LE PAIN QUI EST DESCENDU DU CIEL

VENDREDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF «Celui qui mange ce pain vivra éternellement»   Première Lecture Actes 9,1-20 « Cet hom...

GLORIA LITURGY