GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 30 March 2022

THE FATHER SOURCE OF LIFE MADE THE SON SOURCE OF LIFE

WEDNESDAY FORTH WEEK OF LENT YEAR C: I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU
First Reading Isaiah 49:8-15 On the day of salvation I will help you
Thus says the Lord:  At the favourable time I will answer you, on the day of salvation I will help you. (I have formed you and have appointed you as covenant of the people.) I will restore the land and assign you the estates that lie waste. I will say to the prisoners, ‘Come out’, to those who are in darkness, ‘Show yourselves.’ Readings

On every roadway they will graze, and each bare height shall be their pasture. They will never hunger or thirst, scorching wind and sun shall never plague them; for he who pities them will lead them and guide them to springs of water. I will make a highway of all the mountains, and the high roads shall be banked up. Lectures

Some are on their way from afar, others from the north and the west, others from the land of Sinim. Shout for joy, you heavens; exult, you earth! You mountains, break into happy cries! For the Lord consoles his people and takes pity on those who are afflicted.

For Zion was saying, ‘The Lord has abandoned me, the Lord has forgotten me.’ Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb? Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you.

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord is kind and full of compassion

Gospel John 5:17-30 The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it will live

Jesus said to the Jews, ‘My Father goes on working, and so do I.’ But that only made them even more intent on killing him, because, not content with breaking the sabbath, he spoke of God as his own Father, and so made himself God’s equal.  To this accusation Jesus replied: Reflections

‘I tell you most solemnly, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees the Father doing: and whatever the Father does the Son does too. For the Father loves the Sonand shows him everything he does himself, and he will show him even greater things than these, works that will astonish you. Thus, as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son gives life to anyone he chooses; for the Father judges no one; he has entrusted all judgement to the Son, so that all may honour the Son as they honour the Father.Whoever refuses honour to the Son refuses honour to the Father who sent him.

I tell you most solemnly, whoever listens to my words, and believes in the one who sent me, has eternal life; without being brought to judgement he has passed from death to life. I tell you most solemnly, the hour will come in fact it is here already when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and all who hear it will live. For the Father, who is the source of life, has made the Son the source of life; and, because he is the Son of Man, has appointed him supreme judge.

Do not be surprised at this, for the hour is coming when the dead will leave their graves at the sound of his voice: those who did good will rise again to life; and those who did evil, to condemnation. I can do nothing by myself; I can only judge as I am told to judge, and my judging is just, because my aim is to do not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.’

God my heavenly Father you are the source of life. Father you made your Son Jesus Christ our source of life. My Father, my God you are full of mercy and compassion. Father I know at  the favourable time you will answer me, for on the day of salvation you will help me. Father I am your creature, you formed me  and  appointed me as covenant child. Father you will restore my glory you will comfort me. Thank you loving Father for loving me, for I know you will never forget me.

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, be merciful to me, do not bring me to judgement. Have mercy Lord. Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Virgin Mary, Mother of Christ pray for us.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint John Climacus, Abbot. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

LE PAIN QUI EST DESCENDU DU CIEL

VENDREDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF «Celui qui mange ce pain vivra éternellement»   Première Lecture Actes 9,1-20 « Cet hom...

GLORIA LITURGY