GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Friday 11 March 2022

QUEEN ESTHER PRAYER

FIRST THURSDAY OF LENT
I AM ALONE LORD I HAVE NO ONE BUT YOU
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. 

In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him.

Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.

Frst Reading Easter 12:14-16,  23-25 I am alone, Lord, and have no-one but you

Queen Esther took refuge with the Lord in the mortal peril which had overtaken her. She besought the Lord God of Israel in these words:

‘My Lord, our King, the only one, come to my help, for I am alone and have no helper but you and am about to take my life in my hands. ‘I have been taught from my earliest years, in the bosom of my family, that you, Lord, chose Israel out of all the nations and our ancestors out of all the people of old times to be your heritage for ever; and that you have treated them as you promised.

‘Remember, Lord; reveal yourself in the time of our distress. ‘As for me, give me courage King of gods and master of all power. Put persuasive words into my mouth when I face the lion; change his feeling into hatred for our enemy that the latter and all like him may be brought to their end.

‘As for ourselves, save us by your hand, and come to my help, for I am alone and have no one but you, Lord.’ Lectures

Gospel Matthew 7:7-12 Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him. Is there a man among you who would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? Or would hand him a snake when he asked for a fish? If you, then, who are evil, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him! 

‘So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the meaning of the Law and the Prophets.’ Reflections

Your Birthday Saint: Saint John Ogilvie. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday. 

Prayer of Queen Esther: ‘My Lord, our King, the only one, come to my help, for I am alone and have no helper but you and am about to take my life in my hands. 

Lord Jesus Christ thank you for loving me. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Our Lady Queen of Peace, Mother of Jesus Christ pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

JÉSUS LE PAIN VIVANT

JEUDI, 3ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL : AELF Comme un agneau muet devant le tondeur Première Lecture Actes  8,26-40  « Voici de l’eau : qu...

GLORIA LITURGY