GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Tuesday 1 March 2022

FIRST WILL BE LAST AND LAST FIRST

TUE
SDAY WEEK 8 IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR C
BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY
MY DAILY OFFERING: O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.

First Reading(s) 1 Peter 1:10-16 Put your trust in the grace that is coming to you

It was this salvation that the prophets were looking and searching so hard for; their prophecies were about the grace which was to come to you. The Spirit of Christ which was in them foretold the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would come after them, and they tried to find out at what time and in what circumstances all this was to be expected. 

It was revealed to them that the news they brought of all the things which have now been announced to you, by those who preached to you the Good News through the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, was for you and not for themselves. Even the angels long to catch a glimpse of these things. 

Free your minds, then, of encumbrances; control them, and put your trust in nothing but the grace that will be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. Do not behave in the way that you liked to before you learnt the truth; make a habit of obedience: be holy in all you do, since it is the Holy One who has called you, and scripture says: Be holy, for I am holy. Lectures

Responsorial Psalm: The Lord has made known his salvation

Gospel Mark 10:28-31 Whoever has left everything for the sake of the gospel will be repaid

At that time Peter began to tell Jesus, ‘What about us? We have left everything and followed you.’ Jesus said, ‘I tell you solemnly, there is no one who has left house, brothers, sisters, father, children or land for my sake and for the sake of the gospel who will not be repaid a hundred times over, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and land not without persecutions, now in this present time and, in the world to come, eternal life. 

‘Many who are first will be last, and the last first.’ Reflections

Your birthday Saint: Saint David of Wales, Bishop. May he pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

Heavenly Father thank you for your words of life.  Fill us with your Holy Spirit to understand the importance of priority and choice. Father help us make a right choice that we may be worthy of your promise of eternal life. Father for ourselves we cannot, with you to guide and direct us we will live a holy life for you called us loving Father to be holy, for you are holy.

Father may our lives bear abundant fruit of righteouness and peace for you have made known your salvation.

Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for loving me. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Guardian Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Guide me, guard me, pray for me. Be my protection.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Ave Maria. Holy Mary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

I AM GOING TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU

FRIDAY 4TH WEEK OF EASTER: Universalis Where I am  you may be too First Reading Actes 13:26-33 God has fulfilled his promise by raising Jesu...

GLORIA LITURGY