GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 24 March 2022

DIVIDED KINGDOM CANNOT STAND

THURSDAY WEEK THREE OF LENT
First Reading(s) Jeremiah 7:23-28 

Here is the nation that will not listen to the voice of the Lord its God

These were my orders: Listen to my voice, then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Follow right to the end the way that I mark out for you, and you will prosper. But they did not listen, they did not pay attention; they followed the dictates of their own evil hearts, refused to face me, and turned their backs on me. From the day your ancestors came out of the land of Egypt until today, day after day I have persistently sent you all my servants the prophets. Lectures

But they have not listened to me, have not paid attention; they have grown stubborn and behaved worse than their ancestors. You may say all these words to them: they will not listen to you; you may call them: they will not answer. So tell them this, “Here is the nation that will not listen to the voice of the Lord its God nor take correction. Sincerity is no more, it has vanished from their mouths.(Psalm 12)

Responsorial Psalm: O that today you would listen to his voice! ‘Harden not your hearts

Gospel Luke 11:14-23  Know that the kingdom of God has overtaken you 

Jesus was casting out a devil and it was dumb; but when the devil had gone out the dumb man spoke, and the people were amazed. But some of them said, ‘It is through Beelzebul, the prince of devils, that he casts out devils.’ Others asked him, as a test, for a sign from heaven; but, knowing what they were thinking, he said to them, ‘Every kingdom divided against itself is heading for ruin, and a household divided against itself collapses.

So too with Satan: if he is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand?  since you assert that it is through Beelzebul that I cast out devils. Now if it is through Beelzebul that I cast out devils, through whom do your own experts cast them out? Let them be your judges then. But if it is through the finger of God that I cast out devils, then know that the kingdom of God has overtaken you.

So long as a strong man fully armed guards his own palace, his goods are undisturbed; but when someone stronger than he is attacks and defeats him, the stronger man takes away all the weapons he relied on and shares out his spoil.

‘He who is not with me is against me; and he who does not gather with me scatters.’ Refelctions

My God may your Kingdom come. Father your reign supreme over all. My God, my Father open my ears to hear and listen to your voice  you are my God for I am your child. May I follow the right way that you mark out for me that I may prosper. I want to pay attention to listen, to hear your voice and do not follow the dictates of my own heart.  I turn to you God my Father make me listen and obey your Son Jesus Christ my Lord. Lord Jesus Christ I turst in you.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May the Blessed Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. God's Holy Angels pray for us.

My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and guard me. Be my protection.

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Catherine of Sweden. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

VENDREDI SAINT

PASSION DE NOTRE SEIGNEUR JÉSUS CHRIST : AELF Homme de douleurs, familier de la souffrance  Première Lecture Isaïe 52,13–53,12   « C’est à ...

GLORIA LITURGY