GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 2 March 2022

ASH WEDNESDAY

ASH WEDNESDAY: RETURN TO GOD
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.  Lectures 

First Reading(s) Joel 2:12-18  Let your hearts be broken, not your garments torn

‘Now, now it is the Lord who speaks come back to me with all your heart, fasting, weeping, mourning.’ Let your hearts be broken, not your garments torn, turn to the Lord your God again, for he is all tenderness and compassion, slow to anger, rich in graciousness, and ready to relent. Who knows if he will not turn again, will not relent, will not leave a blessing as he passes, oblation and libation for the Lord your God?

Sound the trumpet in Zion! Order a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly, call the people together, summon the community, assemble the elders, gather the children, even the infants at the breast. Let the bridegroom leave his bedroom  and the bride her alcove. Between vestibule and altar let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, lament.

Let them say, ‘Spare your people, Lord! Do not make your heritage a thing of shame, a byword for the nations. Why should it be said among the nations, “Where is their God?”’ Then the Lord, jealous on behalf of his land, took pity on his people.

Responsorial Psalm : Have mercy on us O Lord for we have sinned

Second Reading 2 Corinthians 5:20-6:2 Be reconciled to God

We are ambassadors for Christ; it is as though God were appealing through us, and the appeal that we make in Christ’s name is: be reconciled to God. For our sake God made the sinless one into sin, so that in him we might become the goodness of God. As his fellow workers, we beg you once again not to neglect the grace of God that you have received. For he says: At the favourable time, I have listened to you; on the day of salvation I came to your help. Well, now is the favourable time; this is the day of salvation.

Gospel Matthew 6:1-6,16-18  Your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Be careful not to parade your good deeds before men to attract their notice; by doing this you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give alms, do not have it trumpeted before you; this is what the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets to win men’s admiration. I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you give alms, your left hand must not know what your right is doing; your almsgiving must be secret, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you. 

‘And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites: they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them; I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you pray, go to your private room and, when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in that secret place, and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you. 

‘When you fast do not put on a gloomy look as the hypocrites do: they pull long faces to let men know they are fasting. I tell you solemnly, they have had their reward. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that no one will know you are fasting except your Father who sees all that is done in secret; and your Father who sees all that is done in secret will reward you.’ Reflections

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Agnes of Bohemia, Religious. May she pray for you as you celebrate your birthday.

Bring me back to you God my Father. As I begin the forty days of Lent, God my Father bring me to mind my sins. Give me  your Holy Spirit. Renew me Father. Direct my heart to you. God my Father bring me back to you. May your Holy Spirit abide in me that I may observe the forty days with dedication  and be transformed to your image. Lord Jesus Christ my Lord, come to my aid.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me, protect me. Be my guard and guide. God's Holy Angels pray for me.

Pray the Rosary. Hail Mary, Blessed Virgin Mother bring us close to your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

GLOIRE ET LOUANGE À TOI, SEIGNEUR JÉSUS !

JEUDI SAINT: AELF « Aujourd’hui s’accomplit ce passage de l’Écriture que vous venez d’entendre. »   Première Lecture Isaïe 61, 1-3a.6a.8...

GLORIA LITURGY