OBEY GOD'S LAW THAT YOU MAY BE SUCCESSFUL

GOD  IS SUPREME OVER ALL
THURSDAY  WEEK IV IN ORD. TIME YEAR C
PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS: Eternal Father, I offer thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits. 

First: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Readings 

Second: To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……  Lectures 

Third: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life, Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Pieta Reflection

FIRST READING 1 KINGS 2:1-4,10-12  David's dying exhortation to Solomon

As David’s life drew to its close he laid this charge on his son Solomon, ‘I am going the way of all the earth. Be strong and show yourself a man. Observe the injunctions of the Lord your God, following his ways and keeping his laws, his commandments, his customs and his decrees, as it stands written in the Law of Moses, that so you may be successful in all you do and undertake, so that the Lord may fulfil the promise he made me, “If your sons are careful how they behave, and walk loyally before me with all their heart and soul, you shall never lack for a man on the throne of Israel.”’

So David slept with his ancestors and was buried in the Citadel of David. David’s reign over Israel lasted forty years: he reigned in Hebron for seven years, and in Jerusalem for thirty-three. 

Solomon was seated upon the throne of David, and his sovereignty was securely established.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM: You Lord are the ruler of all

GOSPEL  MARK 6:7-13  'Take nothing with you'

Jesus made a tour round the villages, teaching. Then he summoned the Twelve and began to send them out in pairs giving them authority over the unclean spirits. And he instructed them to take nothing for the journey except a staff – no bread, no haversack, no coppers for their purses. They were to wear sandals but, he added, ‘Do not take a spare tunic.’ And he said to them, ‘If you enter a house anywhere, stay there until you leave the district. And if any place does not welcome you and people refuse to listen to you, as you walk away shake off the dust from under your feet as a sign to them.’ So they set off to preach repentance; and they cast out many devils, and anointed many sick people with oil and cured them.
Your Birthday Saints: St. Ansgar (Oscar) Bishop and St. Blaise Bishop, Martyr. May your patron Saints intercede on your behalf through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Liturgical color white and red)

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LordBlessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their hearts, they do no wrong  but follow his ways. You have laid down precepts that are to be fully obeyed. Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying your decrees! Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands.

I will praise you with an upright heart  as I learn your righteous laws.I will obey your decrees;   do not utterly forsake me. How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart;  do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:1-11

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Sts Ansgar and Blaise pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me, be my guard and guide.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May the Blessed Virgin Mary bring us to her Son Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY