LISTEN AND OBEY THE WORD

‘DO NOT EVEN GO INTO THE VILLAGE'
WEDNESDAY WEEK 6 IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR C
MY DAILY OF OFFERING O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. Readings Lectures

I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, the union of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our Bishops and all Apostles of prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our holy Father Pope Francis this month.  Pieta Reflection

First Reading James 1:19-27  The Word is not only to be listened to, but obeyed

Remember this, my dear brothers: be quick to listen but slow to speak and slow to rouse your temper; God’s righteousness is never served by man’s anger; so do away with all the impurities and bad habits that are still left in you, accept and submit to the word which has been planted in you and can save your souls. But you must do what the word tells you, and not just listen to it and deceive yourselves. To listen to the word and not obey is like looking at your own features in a mirror and then, after a quick look, going off and immediately forgetting what you looked like. But the man who looks steadily at the perfect law of freedom and makes that his habit – not listening and then forgetting, but actively putting it into practice will be happy in all that he does. 

Nobody must imagine that he is religious while he still goes on deceiving himself and not keeping control over his tongue; anyone who does this has the wrong idea of religion. Pure, unspoilt religion, in the eyes of God our Father is this: coming to the help of orphans and widows when they need it, and keeping oneself uncontaminated by the world.

Responsorial Psalm: The just will live in the presence of the Lord

Gospel Mark 8:22-26  The blind man was cured and could see everything distinctly

Jesus and his disciples came to Bethsaida, and some people brought to him a blind man whom they begged him to touch. He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. Then putting spittle on his eyes and laying his hands on him, he asked, ‘Can you see anything?’ The man, who was beginning to see, replied, ‘I can see people; they look like trees to me, but they are walking about.’ Then he laid his hands on the man’s eyes again and he saw clearly; he was cured, and he could see everything plainly and distinctly. And Jesus sent him home, saying, ‘Do not even go into the village.’

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Gilbert of Sempringham, Priest. May he pray for you as you celeberate your birthday.

My God, my Father in heaven open my ears to hear and listen to your word. Help me to listen but slow to speak and slow to anger. May your Holy Spirit abide in me to guide my actions and do away with all impurities and bad habits. May I obey your command that I may live. That my life be preserved from destructive forces. That I may reach out to the needy and to all creatures. That I may promote peace and  my actions bring healing to our broken world.

Lord Jesus Christ you instructed the man you healed saying 'Do not even go into the Village.' Open my spiritual eyes to see your glory. Open my ears, my heart to hear your gentle voice. You are the Lord of my life help me appreciate your sacrifice for my redemption. Each moment you speak to me, Lord open my heart, my ear to your word: to obey your gentle instructions. Help me my Lord and Redeemer. 

The just will live in God's presence. Loving Father direct my steps may I never depart from your presence. Blessed be Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. Pray for me my Angel Guardian. Be my protection, my guard and my guide.

Pray the Holy Rosary. Ave Maria


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JE NE SUIS PAS VENU APPELER DES JUSTES MAIS DES PÉCHEURS

LES CHEVEUX DE VOTRE TETE SONT TOUS COMPTÉS

THE FIG TREE YOU CURSED HAS WITHERED AWAY