GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 20 January 2022

TRUE FRIENDSHIP

'WHY THEN SIN AGAINST INNOCENT BLOOD 
THURSDAY WEEK II IN ORDINARY : TIME MY DAILY OFFERING 
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. Readings Reflection

I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, the union of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our Bishops and all Apostles of prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our holy Father Pope Francis this month.  Pieta Lectures 

First Reading 1 Samuel 18:6-9,19:1-17

Saul's envy and Jonathan's loyal friendship


On their way back, as David was returning after killing the Philistine, the women came out to meet King Saul from all the towns of Israel, singing and dancing to the sound of tambourine and lyre and cries of joy; and as they danced the women sang:

‘Saul has killed his thousands,  and David his tens of thousands.’
Saul was very angry; the incident was not to his liking. ‘They have given David the tens of thousands,’ he said ‘but me only the thousands; he has all but the kingship now.’ And Saul turned a jealous eye on David from that day forward.
Saul told Jonathan his son and all his servants of his intention to kill David. Now Jonathan, Saul’s son, held David in great affection; and so Jonathan warned David; ‘My father Saul is looking for a way to kill you,’ he said ‘so be on your guard tomorrow morning; hide away in some secret place. Then I will go out and keep my father company in the fields where you are hiding, and will talk to my father about you; I will find out what the situation is and let you know.’
So Jonathan spoke well of David to Saul his father; he said, ‘Let not the king sin against his servant David, for he has not sinned against you, and what he has done has been greatly to your advantage. He took his life in his hands when he killed the Philistine, and the Lord brought about a great victory for all Israel. You saw it yourself and rejoiced; why then sin against innocent blood in killing David without cause?’
Saul was impressed by Jonathan’s words and took an oath, ‘As the Lord lives, I will not kill him.’ Jonathan called David and told him all these things. Then Jonathan brought him to Saul, and David attended on him as before.
Responsorial Psalm:  In God I trust, I shall not fear
Gospel  Mark 3:7-12

He warned them not to make him known as the Son of God

Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the lakeside, and great crowds from Galilee followed him. From Judaea, Jerusalem, Idumaea, Transjordania and the region of Tyre and Sidon, great numbers who had heard of all he was doing came to him. And he asked his disciples to have a boat ready for him because of the crowd, to keep him from being crushed. For he had cured so many that all who were afflicted in any way were crowding forward to touch him. And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw him, would fall down before him and shout, ‘You are the Son of God!’ But he warned them strongly not to make him known.

Your birthday Saints: Sts. Fabian, Pope Sabastien, Martyrs also Cyprian M. Tansi, Monk. May they intercede on your behalf.

Loving Father, My God thank you for the wonderful people you brought into my life. True friends you sent to be my Guardian Angels. Those who were my destiny helpers. Friends who were ever near in all my trials, and were supportive. Father a true friend is worth more than thousands of gold or silver. Thank Father for my friends.

Above all thank you Father for my Best Friend your Son Jesus Christ. He is with me in all my troubles, my sorrows, my trials, my temptations, my challenges and my joy. He is ever present. Father thank you for sending Jesus Christ my Lord, my Saviour, my Master, My Redeemer, my Protection, my Guide, my Friend. MY ALL. 

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Guide and protect me. pray the Holy Rosary

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY