GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 6 January 2022

TODAY THIS SCRIPTURE HAS BEEN FULFILLED

PRAYER TO OBTAIN THE GRACE OF ALL WORLD’S MASSES: 
THE GOOD NEWS IS PROCLAIMED
Eternal Father we humbly offer thee our poor presence and that of the whole humanity from the beginning to the end of the world at all the masses that ever have or ever will be prayed. We offer thee all the pains, suffering, prayers, sacrifices, joy and relaxations of our lives in union with those of our dear Lord Jesus here on earth.

May the Most Precious Blood of Christ, all his blood and wounds and agony save us through the sorrowful and immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen St. Philomena pray for us Lectures Reflection Readings for Epiphany 

First Reading 1 John 4:19-5:4

We are to love,  because God loved us first

Anyone who says, ‘I love God’, and hates his brother, is a liar, since a man who does not love the brother that he can see cannot love God, whom he has never seen. So this is the commandment that he has given us,  that anyone who loves God must also love his brother.

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ  has been begotten by God; and whoever loves the Father that begot him  loves the child whom he begets. We can be sure that we love God’s children  if we love God himself and do what he has commanded us; this is what loving God is – keeping his commandments; and his commandments are not difficult, because anyone who has been begotten by God has already overcome the world;  this is the victory over the world – our faith

Gospel Luke 4:14-22

This text is being fulfilled today even as you listen

Jesus, with the power of the Spirit in him, returned to Galilee; and his reputation spread throughout the countryside. He taught in their synagogues and everyone praised him. He came to Nazara, where he had been brought up, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day as he usually did. He  stood up to read and they handed him the scroll of the prophet Isaiah. Unrolling the scroll he found the place where it is written:

The spirit of the Lord has been given to me,
for he has anointed me.
He has sent me to bring the good news to the poor,
to proclaim liberty to captives
and to the blind new sight,
to set the downtrodden free,
to proclaim the Lord’s year of favour.

He then rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the assistant and sat down. And all eyes in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to speak to them, ‘This text is being fulfilled today even as you listen.’ And he won the approval of all, and they Were astonished by the gracious words that came from his lips.

Loving Father, my God you are faithful. Thank you for fulfilling your Word through your Son Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus is the Christ begotten by you. I love you God my Father, I love you Lord Jesus Christ my Lord. I am your child God my Father I have overcome the world. This is my faith, my victory over the world. Guide me Father. May I live a holy life through Jesus Christ my Lord.

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Be my guide and guard.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May the Mother of Christ, the Blessed Virgin Mary bring us to her Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY