GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Tuesday 25 January 2022

THE GREAT ENCOUNTER

THE CONVERSION OF SAUL
TUESDAY
  WEEK  III IN ORD. TIME YEAR C  
PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS: Eternal Father, I offer thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits. 

First: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Readings 

Second: To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……  Lectures 

Third: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life, Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Pieta  Reflection 

First Reading Acts 22:3-16

'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'

Paul said to the people, ‘I am a Jew and was born at Tarsus in Cilicia. I was brought up here in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was taught the exact observance of the Law of our ancestors. In fact, I was as full of duty towards God as you are today. I even persecuted this Way to the death, and sent women as well as men to prison in chains as the high priest and the whole council of elders can testify, since they even sent me with letters to their brothers in Damascus. When I set off it was with the intention of bringing prisoners back from there to Jerusalem for punishment. 

‘I was on that journey and nearly at Damascus when about midday a bright light from heaven suddenly shone round me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” I answered: Who are you, Lord? and he said to me, “I am Jesus the Nazarene, and you are persecuting me.” The people with me saw the light but did not hear his voice as he spoke to me. I said: What am I to do, Lord? The Lord answered, “Stand up and go into Damascus, and there you will be told what you have been appointed to do.” The light had been so dazzling that I was blind and my companions had to take me by the hand; and so I came to Damascus. 

‘Someone called Ananias, a devout follower of the Law and highly thought of by all the Jews living there, came to see me; he stood beside me and said, “Brother Saul, receive your sight.” Instantly my sight came back and I was able to see him. Then he said, “The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will, to see the Just One and hear his own voice speaking, because you are to be his witness before all mankind, testifying to what you have seen and heard. And now why delay? It is time you were baptised and had your sins washed away while invoking his name.”’

Responsorial Psalm: Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Gospel Mark 16:15-18

Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News

Jesus showed himself to the Eleven and said to them:  ‘Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News to all creation. He who believes and is baptised will be saved; he who does not believe will be condemned. These are the signs that will be associated with believers: in my name they will cast out devils; they will have the gift of tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands, and be unharmed should they drink deadly poison; they will lay their hands on the sick, who will recover.’

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Paul, the Apostle. May he intercede on your behalf as we celebrate his Feast Day.

What am I to do, Lord? for times I have persecuted my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ ignorantly.  Holy Spirit teach me, give me understanding and guide my actions.  Transform me Lord Jesus Christ.

We pray today for all persecuted Christians that God may give understanding to those who persecute Christians as a result of ignorance. May God's Spirit open their hearts, minds, eyes both physical and spiritual and give them understanding that they may realise their mistakes. We also pray for those who destroy lives as a result of ignorance in their conviction and religious belief.

Each moment Lord Jesus Christ we encounter you. We pray for transformation in our lives for a positive change. Transformation in our lives to respect human dignity. Transformation in our lives to understand that  life is sacred. Protect your creatures, protect our world loving Father. We ask you through your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, the Prince of Peace.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. Saint Paul pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May our Mother, Blessed Virgin Mary Mother of Jesus Christ bring us to her Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY