GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 22 January 2022

THE DEATH OF SAUL AND JONATHAN

‘DAVID MOURN OVER SAUL AND JONATHAN'
SATURDAY WEEK II IN ORDINARY TIME: MY DAILY OFFERING 
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer you my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. Readings Reflection  
I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, the union of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our Bishops and all Apostles of prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our holy Father Pope Francis this month.  Pieta  Lectures 
Saint Vincent, Deacon 

PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS: Eternal Father, I offer thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……

Second: To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……

Third: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life, Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Pieta 

First Reading 2 Samuel 1:1-4,11-12,17,19,23-27

David's lament over Saul and Jonathan

David returned from his rout of the Amalekites and spent two days in Ziklag. On the third day a man came from the camp where Saul had been, his garments torn and earth on his head. When he came to David, he fell to the ground and did homage. ‘Where do you come from?’ David asked him. ‘I have escaped from the Israelite camp’ he said. David said to him, ‘What happened? Tell me.’ He replied, ‘The people have fled from the battlefield and many of them have fallen. Saul and his son Jonathan are dead too.’

Then David took hold of his garments and tore them, and all the men with him did the same. They mourned and wept and fasted until the evening for Saul and his son Jonathan, for the people of the Lord and for the House of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword.  

Then David made this lament over Saul and his son Jonathan:

Alas, the glory of Israel has been slain on your heights! How did the heroes fall? Saul and Jonathan,

loved and lovely, neither in life, nor in death, were divided. Swifter than eagles were they, stronger were they than lions.

O daughters of Israel, weep for Saul who clothed you in scarlet and fine linen, who set brooches of gold on your garments. How did the heroes fall in the thick of the battle?

O Jonathan, in your death I am stricken, I am desolate for you, Jonathan my brother. Very dear to me you were, your love to me more wonderful than the love of a woman. How did the heroes fall and the battle armour fail?

Responsorial Psalm: Let your face shine on us, O Lord, and we shall be saved 

Gospel Mark 3:20-21

Jesus' relatives were convinced he was out of his mind

Jesus went home, and once more such a crowd collected that they could not even have a meal. When his relatives heard of this, they set out to take charge of him, convinced he was out of his mind.

Your Birthday Saint. Saint Vincent, Deacon, Martyr may he intercede on your behalf. 

Loving Father give me a pure heart. We pray for those who mourn the death of their beloved. May God grant eternal rest to departed souls. Father may your Holy Will be done in my life. Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me.  God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me. Guide and guard me.  

Pray the Holy Rosary: May our Blessed Mother, the Mother of Jesus Christ intercede on our behalf through her Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY