GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 29 January 2022

A PURE HEART CREATE FOR ME

I HAVE SINNED AGAINST THE LORD
SATURDAY  WEEK III IN ORD. TIME YEAR C
PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS: Eternal Father, I offer thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits. 

First: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Readings 

Second: To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……  Lectures 

Third: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life, Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Pieta Reflection

First Reading  2 Samuel 12 :1-7, 12-17

David's penitence over Uriah

The Lord sent Nathan the prophet to David. He came to him and said:

‘In the same town were two men, one rich, the other poor. The rich man had flocks and herds in great abundance; the poor man had nothing but a ewe lamb,one only, a small one he had bought. This he fed and it grew up with him and his children, eating his bread, drinking from his cup, sleeping on his breast; it was like a daughter to him. 

When there came a traveller to stay, the rich man refused to take one of his own flocks or herd to provide for the wayfarer who had come to him. Instead he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for his guest.’

David’s anger flared up against the man. ‘As the Lord lives,’ he said to Nathan ‘the man who did this deserves to die! He must make fourfold restitution for the lamb, for doing such a thing and showing no compassion.’

Then Nathan said to David, ‘You are the man. So now the sword will never be far from your House, since you have shown contempt for me and taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your wife.”

‘Thus the Lord speaks, “I will stir up evil for you out of your own House. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to your neighbour, and he shall lie with your wives in the sight of this sun. You worked in secret, I will work this in the face of all Israel and in the face of the sun.”’

David said to Nathan, ‘I have sinned against the Lord.’ Then Nathan said to David, ‘The Lord, for his part, forgives your sin; you are not to die. Yet because you have outraged the Lord by doing this, the child that is born to you is to die.’ Then Nathan went home.

The Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife had borne to David and it fell gravely ill. David pleaded with the Lord for the child; he kept a strict fast and went home and spent the night on the bare ground, covered with sacking.

The officials of his household came and stood round him to get him to rise from the ground, but he refused, nor would he take food with them.

Responsorial Psalm: A pure heart create for me O God

Gospel Mark 4:35-41

'Even the wind and the sea obey him'

With the coming of evening, Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Let us cross over to the other side.’ And leaving the crowd behind they took him, just as he was, in the boat; and there were other boats with him. Then it began to blow a gale and the waves were breaking into the boat so that it was almost swamped. But he was in the stern, his head on the cushion, asleep. They woke him and said to him, ‘Master, do you not care? We are going down!’ And he woke up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, ‘Quiet now! Be calm!’ 

And the wind dropped, and all was calm again. Then he said to them, ‘Why are you so frightened? How is it that you have no faith?’ They were filled with awe and said to one another, ‘Who can this be? Even the wind and the sea obey him.’

Your Birthday Saint: Saint Sulpitius Severus, Lay Consecrated. May he intercede for you through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Heavenly Father I come before you asking for pardon for my sin. Father create a pure heart for me. My God, my Father you are full of mercy and compassion. You are forgiven, give me a humble heart to acknowledge my sins and come before you asking for your mercy and pardon. Father keep me from sin. Father may your grace abide in me. Father fill me with your Holy Spirit. I ask of you God my Father through your Son Jesus Christ my Lord.

Lord Jesus Christ my Master, most times I am confused. I am frightened by the challenges in my life. The uncertainties, and the evils that are perpetrated in our world. These are storms that are threats to human existence. Give me courage to know that you are with me. My Master, my Lord calm every storm challenging my existence and my salvation. ‘Quiet now! Be calm!’ 

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Guardian Angel pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary: Our weapon against every form of vice, and challenge. May the Mother of Jesus Christ, the Blessed Virgin Mary bring us close to her Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY