GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Thursday 30 December 2021

OBEYING GOD'S WILL

SIXTH DAY WITHIN THE OCTAVE OF CHRISTMAS 
PRAYER FOR DAILY NEGLECTS: GOD'S LAW
Eternal Father, I offer thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First: To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……

Second: To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit……

Third: To supply for the good I ought to have done, and that I have neglected this day and during all my life, Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit…… Pieta

First Reading 1 John 2 :12-17

Observance of the will of God
I am writing to you, my own children, whose sins have already been forgiven through his name. I am writing to you fathers who have come to know the one who has existed since the beginning. I am writing to you young men who have already overcome the Evil One.

I have written to you children because you already know the Father.  I have written to you fathers because you have come to know the one who has existed since the beginning. I have written to you young men because you are strong and God’s word has made its home in you.
 
You have overcome the Evil One. You must not love this passing world or anything that is in the world. The love of the Father cannot be in any man who loves the world. Nothing the world has to offer the sensual body, the lustful eye.  Pride in possessions could ever come from the Father but only from the world, and the world with all it craves for is coming to an end. Anyone who does the will of God remains for ever.
 
Responsorial Psalm: Let the heavens rejoice and earth be glad

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
A hallowed day has dawned upon us.
Come, you nations, worship the Lord,
for today a great light has shone down upon the earth.
Alleluia!

Gospel  Luke 2:36-40

Anna speaks of the child to all who looked forward to the deliverance of Jerusalem
There was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was well on in years. Her days of girlhood over, she had been married for seven years before becoming a widow. She was now eighty-four years old and never left the Temple, serving God night and day with fasting and prayer. She came by just at that moment and began to praise God. She spoke of the child to all who looked forward to the deliverance of Jerusalem.

When they had done everything the Law of the Lord required, they went back to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. Meanwhile the child grew to maturity, and he was filled with wisdom; and God’s favour was with him.

Father in heaven thank you for your Son Jesus Christ. May your Holy Will be done in our lives. Give us the grace to accept your loving plan in our lives. Help us adhere to your will. May your Holy Spirit dwell in us to guide us in obeying your law through Jesus Christ our Lord. G.H.

Father give us a heart that is upright and sincere, so that we may listen to your word, and bring it to perfection in ourselves and in the world for the sake of your glory.

All-powerful God, may the human birth of your Son free us from the former slavery to sin and bring us new life. We ask through our Lord Jesus Christ. Prayer of the Church

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Jesus Mary and Joseph pray for us. God's Holy Angels pray for us. My Angel Guardian pray for me, protect me. Be my guide and my guard.

Pray the Holy Rosary: May our Mother Blessed Virgin  Mary, Mother of our Saviour Jesus Christ intercede for us.


 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY