GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 29 December 2021

LIGHT OF THE NATIONS

JESUS CHRIST PRESENTATION
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS Act of  Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to
be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit. Readings Lectures Reflection St Thomas 
First Reading 1 John 2:3-11

Anyone who loves his brother is living in the light

We can be sure that we know God only by keeping his commandments. Anyone who says, ‘I know him’, and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, refusing to admit the truth.But when anyone does obey what he has said, God’s love comes to perfection in him.

We can be sure that we are in God only when the one who claims to be living in him is living the same kind of life as Christ lived. My dear people, this is not a new commandment that I am writing to tell you, but an old commandment that you were given from the beginning, the original commandment which was the message brought to you.

Yet in another way, what I am writing to you, and what is being carried out in your lives as it was in his, is a new commandment; because the night is over and the real light is already shining.

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the dark. But anyone who loves his brother is living in the light and need not be afraid of stumbling; unlike the man who hates his brother and is in the darkness, not knowing where he is going, because it is too dark to see.

 

Responsorial Psalm: Let the heavens rejoice and earth be glad

Gospel Acclamation

Alleluia, alleluia!
A light to enlighten the pagans
and the glory of your people Israel.
Alleluia!

Gospel Luke 2:22-35

'You have prepared a light to enlighten the pagans'

When the day came for them to be purified as laid down by the Law of Moses, the parents of Jesus took him up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord observing what stands written in the Law of the Lord: 

Every first-born male must be consecrated to the Lord,

and also to offer in sacrifice, in accordance with what is said in the Law of the Lord, a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons.

Now in Jerusalem there was a man named Simeon. He was an upright and devout man; he looked forward to Israel’s comforting and the Holy Spirit rested on him. It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death until he had set eyes on the Christ of the Lord.

Prompted by the Spirit he came to the Temple and when the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the Law required, he took him into his arms and blessed God; and he said:

‘Now, Master, you can let your servant go in peace, just as you promised; 
because my eyes have seen the salvation
which you have prepared for all the nations to see, a light to enlighten the pagans
and the glory of your people Israel.’
 
As the child’s father and mother stood there wondering at the things that were being said about him, Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ‘You see this child: he is destined for the fall and for the rising of many in Israel, destined to be a sign that is rejected and a sword will pierce your own soul too so that the secret thoughts of many may be laid bare.’

Father in heaven thank you for the gift of your Son Jesus Christ the glory of your people Israel. Thank you for fulfilling your plan to save humanity through your Son Jesus Christ the Light of all nations. He is the glory of all humanity. Thank you God our Father for your mercy, for your enduring love, for your goodness, for your faithfulness, for your compassion, for your protection and for your grace. Christ be our Light, shine in our world.

All glory to God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, now and for ever.  Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Joseph pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel Guardian pray for me, protect me. Guard and guide me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph intercede on our behalf through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY