GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Saturday 11 December 2021

JOHN THE BAPTIST AND ELIJAH

SATURDAY 2ND WEEK IN ADVENT YEAR C:  ST. DAMASUS I.
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.
Readings Lectures Reflection St. Damasus I. Pope
First Reading Eccl. 48:1-4,9-12

The prophet Elijah will come again
The prophet Elijah arose like a fire,
his word flaring like a torch.
It was he who brought famine on the people,
and who decimated them in his zeal.
By the word of the Lord, he shut up the heavens,
he also, three times, brought down fire.
How glorious you were in your miracles, Elijah!
Has anyone reason to boast as you have?
Taken up in the whirlwind of fire, 
in a chariot with fiery horses;
designated in the prophecies of doom
to allay God’s wrath before the fury breaks,
to turn the hearts of fathers towards their children, 
and to restore the tribes of Jacob,
Happy shall they be who see you,
and those who have fallen asleep in love.
 
Responsorial Psalm
God of hosts, bring us back; let your face shine on us and we shall be saved
 
Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia!
The day of the Lord is near;
Look, he comes to save us.
Alleluia!
 
Gospel  Matthew 17 :10-13

Elijah has come already and they did not recognise him
As they came down from the mountain the disciples put this question to Jesus, ‘Why do the scribes say that Elijah has to come first?’ ‘True;’ he replied ‘Elijah is to come to see that everything is once more as it should be; however, I tell you that Elijah has come already and they did not recognise him but treated him as they pleased; and the Son of Man will suffer similarly at their hands.’ The disciples understood then that he had been speaking of John the Baptist.

Father in heaven God of hosts, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be saved. Father have mercy on us. Do not forsake your creatures. In this Advent Season re-enkindle in us your Holy Spirit. Open our hearts to receive your Son Jesus Christ. Come Lord Jesus, Emmanuel come.

Lord Jesus Christ I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for us. Saint Joseph pray for us. Saint Damasus I. pray for us. God's Holy Angels pray for us. My Angel Guardian pray for me. Protect me, guide and guard me.

Pray your Holy Rosary. May our Blessed Mother Virgin Mary bring us to her Son Jesus Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY