GLORIALITURGY

As we celebrate and offer our daily offerings in our daily Mass on God's Altar in remembrance of Christ Sacrifice, may God destroy every evil altar in our homes, families and lives.

Wednesday 15 December 2021

ARE YOU THE ONE TO COME

WEDNESDAY THIRD WEEK IN ADVENT YEAR C
PRAYER BEFORE HOLY MASS  Act of Love before Mass 
O my God, I love Thee with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strength and with no other desire than to be inseparably united to Thee. It is through Thy Divine Son that this union is about to be realized within me. In Holy Communion I long to identify myself with Him, that it will no longer be myself, but Him, who lives in me; and when I have received Jesus within myself, then I shall love and be loved by Thee in that same measure, in which I am united to Him. Hasten then, to give me Thy Divine Son, at the hands of Thy priest, that through Jesus, I may unite myself forever to Thee, O God the Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit.
  Readings Lectures Reflection 

First Reading Isaiah 45:6-8,18,21-25

I, the Lord, shall create deliverance

Apart from me, all is nothing. I am the Lord, unrivalled, I form the light and create the dark. 
I make good fortune and create calamity, it is I, the Lord, who do all this. Send victory like a dew, you heavens, and let the clouds rain it down.
 
Let the earth open for salvation to spring up. Let deliverance, too, bud forth which I, the Lord, shall create. Yes, thus says the Lord, creator of the heavens, who is God, who formed the earth and made it, who set it firm, created it no chaos, but a place to be lived in: ‘I am the Lord, unrivalled:  there is no other god besides me.   A God of integrity and a saviour:   there is none apart from me.   Turn to me and be saved,   all the ends of the earth,  for I am God unrivalled.

‘By my own self I swear it;   what comes from my mouth is truth,   a word irrevocable:  before me every knee shall bend,   by me every tongue shall swear,   saying, “From the Lord alone   come victory and strength.”   To him shall come, ashamed,   all who raged against him.   Victorious and glorious through the Lord shall be   all the descendants of Israel.’

Responsorial Psalm
Send victory like a dew, you heavens, and let the clouds rain it down

Gospel Acclamation Is. 40:9-10
Alleluia, alleluia!
Shout with a loud voice, joyful messenger to Jerusalem.
Here is the Lord God coming with power.
Alleluia!

 Gospel Luke 7:19-23

'Are you the one who is to come?'
John, summoning two of his disciples, sent them to the Lord to ask, ‘Are you the one who is to come, or must we wait for someone else?’ When the men reached Jesus they said, ‘John the Baptist has sent us to you, to ask, “Are you the one who is to come or have we to wait for someone else?”’ It was just then that he cured many people of diseases and afflictions and of evil spirits, and gave the gift of sight to many who were blind. Then he gave the messengers their answer, ‘Go back and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind see again, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, the Good News is proclaimed to the poor and happy is the man who does not lose faith in me.’

God our Father, creator of the universe, humanity and everything that exists. Father your words are truth and they are life.  Before thee we your creatures kneel and bow in worship to your greatness, majesty and faithfulness.  Father for truly victory comes from you.   Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Master, we await your coming. Come dwell in our midst for you are the Word of God made flesh.

Lord Jesus I trust in you. Virgin Mary pray for me. Saint Jospeh pray for me. God's Holy Angels pray for me. My Angel  Guardian pray for me, protect me, guide and guard me.

Pray the Holy Rosary. May the Virgin Mother of Christ intercede on our behalf through her Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELIGION AND ART

TOUT CE QUE VOUS DEMANDEREZ EN MON NOM, JE LE FERAI

SAMEDI, 4ÈME SEMAINE DU TEMPS PASCAL: AELF Quand vous me demanderez quelque chose en mon nom, moi, je le ferai Première Lecture Actes 13...

GLORIA LITURGY